Chapala.com Webboard

Cocker Lost? or dumped

Yesterday Am as we pulled into Lucky Dog we found a beautiful purebred red cocker tied to the gate. He is shiny, fat, very quiet sweet temperament and Ladrons say healthy. Not sure if he was lost and someone found him and just dumped him on us or he was just dumped. So if anyone hears about a lost one we have him and will as always with purebreds wait a week before we put him up for adoption.

We picked "Chili" up yesterday afternoon and brought him home. A few tense moments while all the males checked each other out! But, by last evening, all are friends and today the entire pack are hanging out like they've been together forever.

Chili is an amazing little guy - a quiet lovely guy.

We are again "in love".

As some of you know, we lost our Golden Retriever Boy "Wookie" 4 months ago. Friends have asked us "why another dog". Our answer is "because we can."

To all of you who do not have dog - please please please go to one of our amazing shelters here and adopt one of these loving animals. Your lives will be fuller for it.

We're thrilled with Chili!

We picked "Chili" up yesterday afternoon and brought him home. A few tense moments while all the males checked each other out! But, by last evening, all are friends and today the entire pack are hanging out like they've been together forever.

Chili is an amazing little guy - a quiet lovely guy.

We are again "in love".

As some of you know, we lost our Golden Retriever Boy "Wookie" 4 months ago. Friends have asked us "why another dog". Our answer is "because we can."

To all of you who do not have dog - please please please go to one of our amazing shelters here and adopt one of these loving animals. Your lives will be fuller for it.

We're thrilled with Chili!

. Thank you for loving him! So cute!

our latest adoptee Maggie has such a unique personality. It truly feeds our quality of life to interact with our pack of 4 soon to be 5!

Our adoptee, Isabella Goldfish, also known as Izzy, has been here less then a week from Anita's but it seems like she has lived here forever. She is getting along so well with Ayelish and has got the mealtime schedule down pat and arrives in the kitchen, on time (even when we are late) three times a day and sits in front of the refrigerator! I have said that I think she is formerly from the "Goldilocks the mattress testing company" as she has tried out every soft surface in the house!

Adoption is something that we have been thinking about for months before we decided to jump in and for anyone sitting on the fence, as we have been until last week, all I can say is that Izzy is a blessing and there are many more "blessings to be had" if you have a notion to adopt we would recommend it.

We were up to nine before we had to say goodbye to our Rottie with bone cancer last week. Now we are at eight, the latest being a beautiful red heeler who arrived at our gate with a broken pelvis two weeks ago.

Life is short.

Share it with a friend who adores you.

Thank you all!! Sometimes when we are over our limit and more and more dogs keep arriving at the door, I get depressed. I think we are not making any impact on the dog population here. But all of you who love your multiple pets and offered them a forever home, you make me feel much better. Thanks ... Chris

Archived