Chapala.com Webboard

St Remy Du Lac

PECANS

Went there Thursday. Service was impeccable, courteous and professional. Very nice, low-key place. The luncheon menu is much larger than the menu at the previous location. Pietor has his entire team with him with him in the new location--greeter, waiter Ramon, chef and bartender. The luncheon special is 230 pesos. The physical setting is impressive. When you enter they have a sitting area that is cosy and you can look through into the kitchen. The tables are outside overlooking the gardens which are luxurious. The fountains provided a marvelous ambience. The meal was lovely. I had proveleta and a lamb burger. One of my friends had a Salad Nicoise, the other had the salmon. The dinner menu is different and I don't have it. I'm going to write the restaurant up on Trip Advisor as I feel others should be advise to go there. Parking is ample. It is an even more beautiful setting than HDL and as I said, the restaurant has a much, more varied lunchen menu. Escargot were not on the day I went there, but they will prepare off the menu for you if you ask. I will go again for cena on July 5th with friends.

We had dinner there Thursday evening and I completely agree with the above report. Dinner menu seemed to be a bit more expansive and perhaps and bit less expensive ( on a par with Number 4 ) than when they were in HDL. This, along with Ninette and Number 4, are now our top 3 choices for fine dining in Ajijic. As others have said, we are fortunate to have these options.

Archived