Chapala.com Webboard

Schedule of Painting Classes at Villa de Arte

I've been taking painting classes from Javier Ramos at the Villa de Arte in west Ajijic for the past couple years when I come down and was wondering if someone could let me know the schedule for this summer. Thanks in advance.

For anyone else who is interested, I met Javier's son today and he informed me that the first class will be this Saturday (June 14) from 11 to 2 at the Villa de Arte. An ongoing schedule will be set depending on the number of students.

Can we have some contact information as well?

As of last winter, the charge was 200 pesos for a 3-hour session. You need to bring your own materials. Javier makes/sells canvases. Easels are available for use. While most of the students are using oils, acrylic and water colors are welcome.

I don't have any contact information for Javier. He'll be at the Villa de Arte (across from old Sol y Luna) in West Ajijic on Saturday at 11:00.

• 3 months later...

When Javier's restaurant was open a few years back he still had classes at the back. Does anyone know if this is still happening? I have not been in four months so I am really out of the loop and was planning to attend this Saturday. I would be driving quite a distance so it would be good to know that there is a class before I load up the van and set off for a lesson.

A friend has written to say that classes are still on Saturday mornings but have moved across the street.

When I left in August, Javier said that classes would continue on Saturday morning, and would be held in the front portion of the building. This may have changed but I suggest anyone interested in joining show up around 10 on Saturday at the restaurant. Javier also said that, as usual, more classes would be scheduled on additional days of the week as students return in December.

Archived