Chapala.com Webboard

US marine held in Mexican jail Tijuana

rogerm

I think one reason some Americans and Canadians think Mexico has an unjust, corrupt society is they see it through the eyes of right wing propaganda becoming more prevalent NOB which sees lying as an acceptable way of getting the means to an end now where as before many more Americans and Canadians would scoff at some national news reporting full of obvious lies. This seems to be part of a simplfied reason comparing Mexico to NOB appears to please their sense of righteousness as being better when it appears a large faction NOB have slidden down into a darker way of thinking. IMO

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Right-wing news" Alan? Your gal Hillary was on Fox News last night. Here is what she had to say about the situation: The Obama administration may need to "raise the decibels a little bit more" to try and secure the release of Marine Sgt Tahmooressi whose imprisonment she called "unacceptable". "I can tell you what I would be doing-burning up the telephone wires, sending envoys, not just our ambassador but others, talking to the highest level Mexican officials, making it clear that this is really important to us. When this kind of action happens and somebody made an accidental turn, who is serving our country ends up in prison, that is just unacceptable."

I saw it and and she might be fishing for votes as a presidential candidate and smart of her to see the side she wants to be included in supporting this cause. Nothing wrong with having a bold opinión about a controversy. Notice the White House isn´t saying much. It is really important to many Americans, no lie.

I saw it and and she might be fishing for votes as a presidental candidate and smart of her to see the side she wants to be included in supporting this cause. Nothing wrong with having a bold opinión about a controversy. Notice the White House isn´t saying much. It is rerally important to many Americans, no lie.

Yes, could be. Lying for votes-typical!

"Right-wing news" Alan? Your gal Hillary was on Fox News last night. Here is what she had to say about the situation: The Obama administration may need to "raise the decibels a little bit more" to try and secure the release of Marine Sgt Tahmooressi whose imprisonment she called "unacceptable". "I can tell you what I would be doing-burning up the telephone wires, sending envoys, not just our ambassador but others, talking to the highest level Mexican officials, making it clear that this is really important to us. When this kind of action happens and somebody made an accidental turn, who is serving our country ends up in prison, that is just unacceptable."

You do know this would not be the first time Hillary is wrong, don't you? Do you remember WMDs and Saddam Hussein?

This has turned political and, unless a mod chooses to stop it now, will continue in this vein.

The whole thread is political. Some people are upset that an ex-marine could not enter Mexico with weapons and Mexico had the nerve to arrest him. U.S. politicians think they can strong arm Mexico into letting him go. It is one more example of the lack of respect some people in the U.S. have for Mexico as a country.

"Poor Mexico, so far from God and so close to the United States!" President Porfirio Diaz (1830-1915)

This video depicts the deterioration of Mexican society due to guns and violence. Where do these guns come from? Mexican authorities have been able to trace 90 percent of the guns recovered at crime scenes back to the U.S. The other 10 percent are untraceable but probably come from the U.S. as well.

Violence is down in Mexico compared to several years ago, not because of less guns, but because the government of Mexico is back Working with the cartels. Man you have drifted so for from my original post I don't even recognize it. I too like to see this closed

Apparently the mods agree that attacking Hillary Clinton is not political.

If you are saying I attacked Hillary, you are wrong. I am a Democrat. My post was made in reference to a post stating that Hillary was also supporting the ex-marine. So what? It is not like she has never been wrong. I like Hillary but I don't believe politicians are water walkers.

We would never guess....... " that you are a democrat"

Even you can tell the differences. You might be a liberal.

http://www.ethicsdefined.org/the-problem-with-morality/conservatives-vs-liberals/

Conservatives, valuing authority much higher than liberals would suggest that they would be far more susceptible to authoritarian behavior; which does prove historically accurate and can be clearly seen in today’s politics. That means a greater focus on “the mission“

http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004818

1. Conservatives spend more time looking at unpleasant images, and liberals spend more time looking at pleasant images.

https://blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/2011/09/07/your-brain-on-politics-the-cognitive-neuroscience-of-liberals-and-conservatives/

Recent converging studies are showing that liberals tend to have a larger and/or more active anterior cingulate cortex, or ACC—useful in detecting and judging conflict and error—and conservatives are more likely to have an enlarged amygdala, where the development and storage of emotional memories takes place.

"Poor Mexico, so far from God and so close to the United States!" President Porfirio Diaz (1830-1915)

A catchy phrase from a ruthless dictator,but I don't give it much credence.

Archived