Chapala.com Webboard

Since when??? Mexican Driver's License

The past few years they only allowed FM2 and FM3 and then inmigrante and no inmigrante and now temporal and permanente licenses. About 2 years ago they started requiring a CURP number and for that you can only get one if you are residente temporal or permanente.

Sparks, no. we went permanente last year and there is no CURP # on the cards. We had to apply for a separate number. My husband has his and I'm still waiting. I guess I'll have to go to the office and see if someone made an error so that I can get my CURP because we applied at the same time.

By any chance, is the temporal and permanente licenses requirement a hit and miss? Could I take the person needing the license to Guadalajara? I read somewhere that there's an office in Zapopan that's not too difficult to get to. I just wonder if the Guadalajara office is as hard nosed?

I just took my FM3 and Passport to a tiny Municipio office (4 years ago) in a shopping center and they printed it out. I don't know if they created it or if INM created it because I never made an effort on my own

I assume, from this and other postings, that the questions are for a 20 something, who just made a border run by bus to get a fresh FMM; and now wants a driving license. If that is a correct assumption, I wonder why a young tourist would want one; no home in the USA? Runaway? Worse? Who knows? Information provided is kind of vague, and I am not sure if a person with an FMM tourist permit can get a Jalisco license, with or without a CURP, etc.

Nobody is being hard nosed, but we cannot give advice if we do not know the exact situation/qualifications/requirements. Then, we can discuss whether it is easier in Guadalajara or Chapala, etc.

Archived