Chapala.com Webboard

Citizenship

We have our citizenship. Mexico city has been very busy because I was told 2 received it yesterday and as we were walking out another couple was walking in. So it is a good day.

No more renewals ever. This is so exciting. And we did ourselves. It can be done.

We have the same impact as your vote has in the US.

It is a good idea to be a citizen if you plan to stay ere the rest of your life. You just never know what the future holds.

You were the first one to go on and on when the rules changed and you were afraid you would have to leave if you had been a citizne you would not have had to worry.

We have the same impact as your vote has in the US.

It is a good idea to be a citizen if you plan to stay ere the rest of your life. You just never know what the future holds.

You were the first one to go on and on when the rules changed and you were afraid you would have to leave if you had been a citizne you would not have had to worry.

I agree completely. If a person has the opportunity to become a Mexican citizen, I say do it. Remember how visas changed in 2012? That could happen again--you never know what the next government is going to do about immigration.

We are just starting the process so please be patient with me. When you went to GDL for your state crime report, how long did it take to receive it? Did you then go upstairs (4th floor I believe) to get your application? What do you ask for when you get your application? Do they (SRE) give you a phone number to make an appointment when you have all of the required paperwork for citizenship? Are you now going to get a MX passport and voters card?

We went to Chapala for the state report, 100 pesos and take your photo and put it on the report. Then Mexico City to get the national report, ne fee there, Remember these are only good for 90 days, so make sure you have everything else before you get these reports. We did make a trip to GDL to have the application and all documents necessary reviewed before getting the Chapala and Mexico report. We did not have an appointment in GDL.

Yes we have already applied for IFE now INE card and that takes 2 weeks, next is the passport. A ten year passport if over 60 is 1045 pesos.

good luck

I can help if you need any other info.

PM me if you would like also

• 3 weeks later...

Archived