Chapala.com Webboard

Chris I may be reading you incorrectly but are you saying you only check what you think are purebreds and not the rest. If this is the case it is a waste of money to pay to chip all the other dogs we don't want to lose.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw Luis with the dog both last Sunday at the Ajijic malecon and Monday at the plaza. I took him to see Jose Melendrez at Addictions to translate. He said he found the dog on Friday running down by the lake.

This may all be a ute point as Trader Bob posted at 318pm that he has been reunited with his owner. Can anyone verify this? I would certainly be willing to chip in for a "reward" to get this dog into a good home or Lucky Dog.

Joyful--Sorry, I did not see this post of yours until just now.

TraderBob (Bob McKeown of Lucky Dog) sent me a PM that was a bit more explicit than the one he posted yesterday. The PM said:

TraderBob, on 23 May 2014 - 04:28 AM, said: "I talked to the lady at Casa Blanca who lives near Louis. She says she talked to Louis and he says the dog was returned. I can't say how accurate that is, but she seems sure. Trader Bob."

So this isn't exactly the verifiable good news we were hoping for.

Lexy

A friend here had a standard poodle that was a Houdini. I don't remember how many times he paid the extortion money to get him back. I agree that the best thing to do is microchip your dog. If we get a purebred at Lucky Dog we have the vets check for a chip and if there is none we still hold the dog for a week waiting to see if an owner shows up before we put it up for adoption. With the chip you have proof it is yours and if you need the police to get it back once you have the dog it is up to you if you want to give the person any money or not.

Could all those interested in micro-chip for a dog start a new thread, please.

We're still interested in what is happening with the schnauzer.

Thanks. . .

Lexy

Relax folks, the dog is back with his Mexican family. We saw Luis today and Mario talked with him and confirmed that the owners have been found and he did receive 500 pesos which the family gladly gave him to get their dog. Everything is OK now. Happy ending.

Archived