Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM signup June 3rd???

Sandrita

DIF will be at LCS beginning 3 June, Tuesdays, from 10-2 in the talking
book room.

For a DIF card you will need the original and tow copies of each of the following:

• Visa (temporary or permanent)
  • Passport (photo and signature page)
  • Proof of address (TELMEX CFE bill, no more than 2 months old)
  • 4 Infant size pictures (without glasses, front only)
  • Blood-type (no documentation needed)
  • Name and contact phone number in case of accident

And will they do the INAPAM card also? I've heard you have to stand in a separate line for that, if you go to Chapala.

And will they do the INAPAM card also? I've heard you have to stand in a separate line for that, if you go to Chapala.

At this point they will only be processing for DIF cards....

INAPAN could happen at a later time.

• 2 weeks later...

It is the old folks ID card for Jalisco, only state level, which allows some discounts on things like local buses, medicines, etc.

INAPAM is the federal version and is much more useful in all of Mexico.

So much for service to the community.

It gets better. Went over there this morning and joined the crowd waiting for the DIF representative, who showed up around 10:20 to announce that they have no DIF cards. Maybe in September. Oh, and the current applications she had might be changed by then.

It gets better. Went over there this morning and joined the crowd waiting for the DIF representative, who showed up around 10:20 to announce that they have no DIF cards. Maybe in September. Oh, and the current applications she had might be changed by then.

All you can do is laugh!

I just checked with the office at LCS, and only LCS members can deal with the DIF representatives tomorrow. They said people needed to show their cards.

That seems fair. I didn't renew this year my LCS membership this year and I don't think I should receive the same services as a dues paying member of the LCS.

I was thinking the same thing, Luisa. I appreciate the services LCS does offer to non-members--and there are quite a few.

When it comes to something where a crowd would be expected to show up (especially for something in limited supply), they should limit it to members so that the people who support LCS by paying membership are certain to receive the service.

Many of the people who complain that LCS is limiting some goody to members only would be the first to say that LCS offers no benefits to members so why should they join. :rolleyes:

DIF has cancelled all future visits to LCS effective 3 June 2014 until further notice.

They are unable to take applications at this time for they have no cards to issue to applicants.

DIF will let LCS know when they can process applications.

DIF has cancelled all future visits to LCS effective 3 June 2014 until further notice.
They are unable to take applications at this time for they have no cards to issue to applicants.
DIF will let LCS know when they can process applications.

It would have been nice if LCS could have been notified of the lack of cards before people set up their day to stand in line waiting for what didn't and couldn't happen. :(

Yea, maybe GDL is a better bet. Julie, do you know where in GDL to go? I'd like to go but can drive myself there next time I'm shopping and running errands.

Thanks,

Valerie :)

Yes, the DIF office on Degollado, but you will need the DIF card before getting the INAPAM card. They are chronically short of cards for either program, especially for expats it would seem. Years ago, it took us 8 months of regular visits to finally get them both, and we live nearby.

Valerie

I do not know but there is an office on the side of the Federal building on Alcade, if you go there in

the morning with all your required papers you probably will know. I was there a couple of days ago but I was in a hurry so I did not have time to go in there to ask.

Maybe they have a phone number and they will answer the phone...you just never know.

Archived