Chapala.com Webboard

Driving to Lukeville AZ

gfresh

I need the latest on exiting MX on this Rte 2 route. Mostly this is directed to the West Coast crowd that return to CA or AZ rather than heading to Nogales from Hermosillo.

I drove out this route last September, only to find out that the Banjecito moved to Caborca when I got to Sonoyta, which at that point was 200km in my rear view mirror.

At that time the Immigation Center, INM, was above 30km south of the Lukeville crossing. Visas and stamping of passports took place there. On this trip out, I need to have an Exit stamp in my passport and turn in my FMM tourist visa stub.

So I want to now if that is process still happening at this location, 30km in from Lukeville, OR can I have this done AT the Lukeville border crossing itself??

The last time I crossed at Lukeville, I held my passport up to a camera/scanner while in the car and then was pretty much waved thru. This time I really need to make sure the computer shows me at exited, since I'll be returning in a matter of days, with my Residente Temporal. I don't want the computer showing me already in Mexico, my Spanish isn't good enough to explain my way out that situation.

So again, anyone KNOW that I can get "stamped" and officially exited from Mexico at the stop on Rte 2 outside of Sonoyta, or at an office at the border itself??

Thanks, Gary

Archived