Chapala.com Webboard

Time for the annual "guess the start of the rains" contest

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bennie2

still this hasnt happened in maybe 100yrs? just guessing. i have never known so much in thru out the month of may. the most i remember is a light sprinkle or so during the last week.

It started 2 weeks ago.

The rains came from the East,.... it rained several consecutive days...... it is a lot cooler during the day .....

As someone said, we skipped the month of May and got right into June, with the rainy season.

And I just asked my dog.... and Miss Virginia is always right.

So, my prize is ?? (as long as it isn't chocolate) Not a late night candle light dinner with Mainecoons, I hope,..... One could never be that cruel....

Or almost as bad..... don't let it be a trip to Belgium.

Rony

bennie, here is 2013 http://chapalaweather.net/RainyDays2013.htm

And, elbelgicano, the data and observations don't support the East rains - yet.

You are probably right about their data, but I believe that the weathermen must have dozed off.

..... I can only say, that several evenings, we (with othe readers of this webboard) have been sitting on the Chapala malecon and each time, we saw the dark clouds coming from the East, and rain followed.

And whatever people chose to call this, it sure feels good, cool and nicely humid.... love it.

Rony

This year the citrus have really been affected by scale and I have been spraying quite a it s I need to spray again after the rain, I have done that several times over he last 3 weeks, so for someone to say the rains have not started is kind of funny. The rains have started as it rains in the evening

we had several storms. Just talk to the farmers and tell them the rains are not here.

if this isnt rainy i dont know what is. rain rest of week so they say.

Emphasis on "so they say".

I have a good friend who was born in Lebanon. He says over there they call the weatherman "The Liar". As in "the liar said it's supposed to rain today".

Archived