Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer libreton account

If you'll read back up this thread you'll find that we're specifically limited as foreigners. And, as I stated, I'm more and more convinced it's driven by FATCA. There are apparently other types of accounts available to them. I didn't ask for details as it doesn't apply to me. I'm not sure what options I have that they don't.

I've not kept that much in mine until today and haven't been charged, but I also don't know when this begins and I've received no notification in any form from Bancomer, only the discussion this morning with the manager.

Most of the foreigners won't have a problem meeting the new minimum, but there are a few of us that work down here and can't keep up with that. I could do the 2000, but to do the 4000 I would be working and not ever leaving my house. I don't have a significant other to help contribute to the balance.

you assume far too much joco69. it has nothing to do with ones ability to "afford" a balance of 4000 pesos and everything to do with principle and discrimination.

Principle and discrimination by banks do not exist, US and Canadian banks change and charge fees all the time, by the way I am allergic to any banking fees. Mexican minimum amounts on no fee accounts are a bargain.

Gosh!! $4,000 mx is around $300.00 US. If you can't keep that MUCH money in your account, why bother to have a bank account. That's what I carry in my wallet most of the time. And that's not being RICH. I doubt it is discrimination. Any bank, anywhere, have a minimum for everyone, depending on the type of account.

I believe "any" bank is an over statement, I have 3 accounts in 2 different banks NOB and none have minimums.

Check if they don't charge you for everything once you are below a certain amount. They'll keep you, alright, but you pay. I am always above and many things are free. Not for my friend who is below $1,000 (dollars) once or twice a month.

Disagree, at Wells Fargo I have a checking and a savings and I keep them for convenience to pay my lock box. I keep $75 in one and $50 in the other and an automatic transfer of $25 each month which I then transfer back to keep the online banking available at no cost. My other normally has more, but can drop below $200 and never a charge.

Archived