Chapala.com Webboard

Nationalizing vehicles inside Mexico

Some of Nixon's better quotes (how do we find these people?)

"You don't know how to lie. If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere." —President Richard Nixon, giving advice to a political associate

"I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue." — President Richard Nixon, reflecting on the Watergate scandal in 1978

"I would not like to be a Russian leader. They never know when they're being taped." –President Richard Nixon

"Sure, there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too." –President Richard Nixon

Let's agree to disagree.

2 separate CBP supervisors, at 2 different locations, supervisors in charge of the legal exports of privately owned used US vehicles, disagree with Joco's personal interpretation of the law.

People can decide for themselves whether Joco's ideas are what determine CBP policies, or whether CBP supervisors know the rules.

Anyone who can read knows the law applies to people exporting vehicles to sell in another country, not to private individuals for private use.

I don't believe any customs person has told you that individuals who nationalize their vehicles in Mexico for their private use are violating the law by not exporting their vehicles through US Customs. I can guarantee you that is not true that no Customs officer told you that, but if they did say it, they need to be reported for not knowing the law and violating the rights of U.S. citizens by requiring them to follow a law that does not apply to them.

I think I will send a letter to directors within those offices telling them that you have contacted their employees and those employees told you that these laws apply to people nationalizing their private vehicles in Mexico. They can ask you who these people are so they can be fired.

I think making someone pay for exporting or go to the trouble of following a law that clearly does not apply to him is a civil rights violation. No one told you the laws apply to us so why don't you let it go?

42 USC § 1983
Civil action for deprivation of rights
Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

Archived