Chapala.com Webboard

new burger/rib place

ajijicsolomon

Yesteday, passed new burger/ rib place @Casa Montana,was Sugardaddy's for a minute last year. Just wonder if anyone has tried it yet? It was Boar's something. Don't get out much so not sure how long its been there. I love my burgers so far I like Tony's,Pranga,Lake Taco. Wondering also where's your favorite burger?

They've been there for a while, and were selling their stuff at one of the weekly markets; when I asked why the doors were open before but they weren't actually selling anything, they said they could barely keep up with demand for their stuff at the market. But they "opened" officially a few weeks ago at Montana. I have not tried their food yet. Can't say I've found a great burger here since Rick closed his shop. Certainly not El Ancla, though.

They've been there for a while, and were selling their stuff at one of the weekly markets; when I asked why the doors were open before but they weren't actually selling anything, they said they could barely keep up with demand for their stuff at the market. But they "opened" officially a few weeks ago at Montana. I have not tried their food yet. Can't say I've found a great burger here since Rick closed his shop. Certainly not El Ancla, though.

Thanks for the info maybe the high demand is a good sign. I agree re: Ricks was my go to for many years. ;)

"Certainly not El Ancla, though." (Computer Guy). Curious as to why the gratuitous slam at El Ancla?

Just had a burger there today for lunch. It was good, maybe one of the very best around, as evidenced by the number of burgers being served to the other lunchers. In addition, they have a fixings cart with everything you'd want for toppings including mushrooms (my fave) and a variety of goops (liquid additions like barbeque sauce) to put on top. Done medium well; generous portion. Problem?

OMG- I am dying for a Big Beef Cheeseburger. Anybody had anything like that in Ajijic? It is actually a New England cheeseburger from Friendly's.

"Certainly not El Ancla, though." (Computer Guy). Curious as to why the gratuitous slam at El Ancla?

Just had a burger there today for lunch. It was good, maybe one of the very best around, as evidenced by the number of burgers being served to the other lunchers. In addition, they have a fixings cart with everything you'd want for toppings including mushrooms (my fave) and a variety of goops (liquid additions like barbeque sauce) to put on top. Done medium well; generous portion. Problem?

Not a slam, but a recommendation to stay away. I've tried them a couple of times. I've seen your reports on this place on TOB. Unless you have great taste in everything but hamburgers, I cannot agree. Because they make crappy, crappy burgers. In fact, a good friend of mine who hangs at TOB got all fired up about going to Ancla after a rash of good reports appeared one day... only to confide in me that he was mightily disappointed and could not recommend it.

OK Computer Guy, just where is "Pranga?"

El Ancla's food is terrific, don't take Computer Guy mean-spirited warning to stay away. I don't care for their burgers, but only because they're not my preferred style. So what? That doesn't make them bad. Many people like them. You sir, are no authority on cuisine.

IMHO, El Sarape has the best burger. That's just my opinion. YMMV.

Not a slam, but a recommendation to stay away. I've seen your reports on this place on TOB, and I have to say I cannot consider your recommendations of food or restaurants at all valid after those. Unless you have great taste in everything but hamburgers. Because they make crappy, crappy burgers.

We aren't talking about my restaurant opinions on another web board. We are talking about one specific restaurant in Lakeside which wasn't even part of this thread until you chimed in with that statement. How could telling people to "stay away" not be a real "slam"? It's the worst kind.

You said it: now how about stepping up and making sense of it?

First of all, when did you eat (or taste) a hamburger at El Ancla? Last year or last week? There have been major changes in the last year, so it makes a big difference. I understand that a previous restaurant in that location was quite different, although I didn't eat there and can't comment on that.

I was, and am asking you to be specific about your statement: "crappy, crappy burgers". It's totally unfair to a restaurant to make a statement like that without telling what's wrong with the burgers. I'm afraid "crappy, crappy" doesn't cut it as descriptive. Telling people to "stay away" is also vague and therefore, useless. When I have a complaint about a eatery, I give my reasons.

The owners are just trying to make a living. How about being fair to them by being clear about your complaint? How would you feel if someone posted that your work was inferior and people should "stay away" without giving any reasons?

El Ancla's food is terrific, don't take Computer Guy mean-spirited warning to stay away. I don't care for their burgers, but only because they're not my preferred style. So what? That doesn't make them bad. Many people like them. You sir, are no authority on cuisine.

I'm wondering where "Pranga" is, too. And ....is Lake Taco serving hamburgers now? Haven't been there lately. El Serape does have a good burger. Nice and straightforward. There's one place in town now that serves one on a donut. I'm eager to hear what the customers think of that?

Pranga is probably Pranzo. I am not big on burgers, but a delicious, big, juicy one a few days ago at Bruno's.

I don't go to El Serape because you can not get a glass of water, you have to buy a bottle. Penny wise and pound foolish? When they first opened, before this policy, I ate there a lot.

I have no idea what or where Pranga is. Why ask me?

And yes, I am actually an authority on cuisine.

Gringal said: How would you feel if someone posted that your work was inferior and people should "stay away" without giving any reasons?

Happened all the time on TOB.

Gringal said: I was, and am asking you to be specific about your statement: "crappy, crappy burgers". It's totally unfair to a restaurant to make a statement like that without telling what's wrong with the burgers.

They taste like crap. How specific do you need? You don't understand the word "crappy"?

"Pranga" or pranzo s at the double light in la floresta. Southwest side of the intersection

Sorry for the wrong name guess I never looked at the sign very closely. My hubby keeps telling me i need to go to the eye doctor. But yes that isthe place. We live in La Floresta so been going there since Media Luna.Didn't order the burger till a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant surprise usually get pizza, crepes or pasta. As for Lake Taco only ever got seafood there but on the recommendation of friend tried the burger. It was good bun fresh meat nicely cooked and a good size with all the correct acoutrements. Never heard El Ancla,,,don't go out much mainly get Para llever (sp?)

Gringal did not ask me for my credentials. Her last comment was a bald-faced attempt to carry on the aggravation.

Okay, look, you've all decided to pile on. Keep it coming. Have fun, too!

Computer Guy: It's not "trolling" to ask someone to explain themselves when they make a damaging accusation about a business.

You wouldn't answer any of the questions to back up your "crappy" comment, so what kind of response do you expect? I don't see you as a victim here. You just got caught with your responsibility down.

It's not too late to answer the questions at this point. It's way too late to sound credible about offering a public service warning to "stay away" from the business.

Archived