Chapala.com Webboard

A solution for Dogs who are afraid of noise

Our 100 pound labrador is so scared of noise, the wind, thunder, fireworks, we thought we had tried everything. But we were recently turned on to melatonin for anxiety in dogs. It works! Here is one article on it. Only buy the pharmaceutical grade http://www.melatonin.com/melatonin-animals.php

I would be trying the Anxiety Wraps and Thundershirts and trying other methods as a means of helping dogs get over their fright and anxiety over loud noises, etc. before I would be using drugs and chemicals! Used correctly the anxiety wraps work very well. Pumping your dog full of drugs and chemicals is no better than doing the same thing for yourself. In certain circumstances they can be toxic to animals and adminstered without professional guidance is just asking for problems. We have no idea of the side effects of these chemicals in our animals and which animals may have allergic reactions, etc.

Yup, we've tried the thundershirt and natural herbal sprays, conditioning, etc. nothing worked. This works and it is well documented and easy to find on the Internet and was administered with professional guidance. As I stated in the original thread, we have tried everything before. And yes, she is a mexican dog, our north of the border could care less about noise.

Archived