Chapala.com Webboard

Frustration with Walmart

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The no Hay I think is true all over Mexico. The Presidente in Las Casas wanted something fixed in the big hotel he owns there for a special event. The plumber told me he could not find whaeverpart and he was going to have to go to Tuxtla to see if they had it , It was 1 in the afternoon and the event was supposed to start at 12 so the no hay went into effect. I even know the erm in Tsotsil and Tseltal...

I love it it is a terminal phrase...nothing to be done about it and better it is no one´s fault or

responsability to get some more.. The proper thing to do is leave and accept i. Do not to ask the store when will you have some because then it gets way more complicated...

Definitely an urban legend. I heard the same story in Sint Maarten and St. Thomas. I'm totally with Rec. You get what you put out. I've not found the cashiers rude at Walmart but the change thing is annoying but I'm not in a hurry to catch a bus or get back to work. ^_^

Not a legend, I lived it. Ask Pancho.

. Do not to ask the store when will you have some because then it gets way more complicated...

Don't forget my favorite: "We'll have it next week". And surprisingly, this is often true.

I find this post rather biased. I have lived here way before Walmart came to Ajijic. Talk about shortages! If Superlake did have a product I needed, I resisted buying it due to extremely high markup. Soriana also had shortages all the time and very few items from the states.

I welcomed Walmart with open arms and also at the same time the "other " stores prices were adjusted lower as well as

becoming cleaner and more service oriented.

I recently requested that Walmart inventory distilled water and it appeared on the shelves within a week as promised.

Not all "vendors" stock the shelves "for free" Many, do but to all stores. Look around, when I don't see something I want, I ask a Walmart clerk for it and they will go to the stockroom for me to look for the item. That has never been done for me elsewhere. I have been always told "mas tartes"

In summary, Walmart has been an asset to my way of life and in my opinion, has saved me time, $$, and happy to have them here

I guess you just can't please all the people all the time…...

We were here before Soriana and Walmart and talk abou shortages..Soriana was made better by Walmart and Superlake was made better by both of them.

After <Soriana opened , I would not go near the fish counter because the smell was sickening, after Walmart the cleaniless and freshness of products improved at all stores.

Walmart has been good to the community as awhole. It is not perfect but what is.We are so lucky to have Walmart and Superlake.

Yes, Gallo is rooster, but obviously you're not a "connoisseur" of it or you'd know it by it's affectionate name - ha. And yes, it's "imported" from Guatemala, I consider most of the MXN beers little more than nasty water and definitely not worth the price. I was in Wally's today and he's got everything but Gallo and you don't see people loading shopping carts with Victoria, definitely not Coors or even Modelo, so he's wasting cooler and shelf space stocking them, but whatever, it's about time for a Costco/Gallo run anyway.

Guest bennie2

i never understood walmart, but thats me. superlake is great, but they are sometimes out of the fresh bread. the only imported product i buy is ricemilk, plain no sugar. (for coffee). torittos stocks this as well, kirkland. buy several if i can). they also have the crunchy peanut butter laura scudders. price for that brand is over the top, regardless whether its superlake or torittos. i cant understand why someone would want to shop in a warehouse. superlake is the largest store i will go into. btw, he wholesales to mexican grocery stores, he has brownrice beans nuts way in the back, good prices. his fish prices can sometimes be crazy, depending upon the kind. this should be on the hoarding thread, as i stock up on rice milk.

We were here before Soriana and Walmart and talk abou shortages..Soriana was made better by Walmart and Superlake was made better by both of them.

After <Soriana opened , I would not go near the fish counter because the smell was sickening, after Walmart the cleaniless and freshness of products improved at all stores.

Walmart has been good to the community as awhole. It is not perfect but what is.We are so lucky to have Walmart and Superlake.

Ditto ! What a choice we now have. I'm thankful; we have it much better than lots of places this size in many countries. My suggestion is if you keep getting frustrated, find a place where you can live happily ever after.

Look, the simple truth of the matter is we will never be "happy" anywhere. We will always want more and better. And that's what keeps economies going. It's not "bitching" at all. Now, psychologically we may all be completely bent out of shape because of consumerism (created by product manufacturers, not consumers, by the way), but... like the shape of our noses... that's also just the way it is.

... and they don't know how to pack. They routinely put all my drink bottles in one bag, making it far too heavy... large boxes of soap and toiletries they put in 'protective' bags without handles... and as Fox points out, it's hard to find a bag you can use for garbage after that doesn't have a hole in it.

So...............buy some cloth bags. There is a variety of them being sold as you walk into the check in counter. They actually hold a bunch of stuff and last for months. If your bagger is overloading, tell him/her to stop and hand over the next bag. Some of the local businesses are even handing out free bags.

BTW, it's a good idea to wash those bags once in a while. Some people put those crummy plastic bags in a cloth carry bag to protect the contents. That works. I doubt Walmart gives a hoot whether our stuff breaks the bag and winds up on the pavement after we've paid up.

Gringal said: So why is anyone bothering to complain about the crummy plastic bags? We don't have to use them, that's all.

Because that's what this thread is about: complaining. So I'm staying on topic. You could always start another thread: "Frustration with people frustrated with WalMart"...

Archived