Chapala.com Webboard

Quilts

Do any of the groups who sew for charity make quilts for sale? I'd like to buy one, if so. The one I have is looking pretty shoddy & rather than ordering one from NOB, I'd rather the money go for something worthwhile. Thanks in advance

Okay, I see your question maggilu and I can tell you that a personal friend of mine makes (to order) fantastic quilts. Unfortunately, she is on holiday until 11th May so, until I have chance to talk to her, I don't believe that it is right to give out her details. Will update you via PM (or the webboard) as soon as I can. Sorry, can't do better than that.

daisy 2013. My friend has her own quilting machine (takes up nearly one room in her house) and it is a mixture of machine work and hand-work for each quilt. To make a large quilt completely by hand is a monumental task and would take many, many hours with an associated large cost.

My aunts were quilters & while I appreciate all the work that goes into that I have dogs jumping on the bed & have to wash the quilt frequently so for my needs machine-made is fine. I was in Upscale Resale & didn't see any but I'll mention it next time I'm there. Thanks.

Archived