Chapala.com Webboard

Doing the permanente paperwork

Rony

I am in the process now (first part of the paperwork has been approved), to make the 2nd bank payment (derechos migratorios) of 3953 pesos, before I return to INM (am doing it in Guadalajara) with it.

I heard from others how difficult it is to get that money back if you use the wrong form and that is the reason why I want to make sure before going ahead with this.

My question :

When downloading the form, I choose "persona fisica" and " Derechos de Residente Permanente ", and NOT Reposición or Renovación, right ??

It could not be reposicion because that is only a little more than 1000 pesos (and I suppose that is for when you had one, lost it and need to replace it ?? ) but the renovacion makes me hesitate a little,.... as,.... why would you use renovacion for something permanent.....

Would greatly appreciate if anybody could take away this small doubt.... thank you.

Rony

Rony

Why risk it? Realize you're using the Guadalajara office to process the application, but if it's easy, you could just stroll into the Chapala office and get a copy of the right payment form.

The "renovación" option is probably just their website being clunky, and is a default thing that's really intended for Temporales.

Renovacion is for minors whose cards expire each 5 years, and you are not reposicion or replacement. Either way do it early in the morning so if there is an error the bank can fix it.

Why risk it? Realize you're using the Guadalajara office to process the application, but if it's easy, you could just stroll into the Chapala office and get a copy of the right payment form.

I totally agree,get the form from INM and pay it in the bank.

Thanks for your advise and time, guys.

Archived