Chapala.com Webboard

A smart TV guide?

With my Smart TV I get a bewildering array (several hundred?) of channels. Is there any type on guide for Internet TV? Otherwise I could spend all night looking to see what is on. At least with Shaw there is a guide and you can search for specific shows.

Now why would they make it so easy? We have nothing but time to cruise through those hundreds of channels, screen after screen after screen.

Seriously, you have hit upon a huge problem with all this Smart crap. It has been foisted on us way too early. I have searched high and low for apps for my tablet to help make some sense of it all. Samsung's Smart TV app isn't even compatible with my Samsung (brand new) tablet. Even my Roku box channel lineup, on their website, is impossible; they prefer giant icons rather than intelligent (dare I say smart) listings.

If anyone has come across a good way to do this, I sure would like to know too...

Now why would they make it so easy? We have nothing but time to cruise through those hundreds of channels, screen after screen after screen.

Seriously, you have hit upon a huge problem with all this Smart crap. It has been foisted on us way too early. I have searched high and low for apps for my tablet to help make some sense of it all. Samsung's Smart TV app isn't even compatible with my Samsung (brand new) tablet. Even my Roku box channel lineup, on their website, is impossible; they prefer giant icons rather than intelligent (dare I say smart) listings.

If anyone has come across a good way to do this, I sure would like to know too...

There is a private channel app for Roku called "my channels" that does help somewhat.

There is a private channel app for Roku called "my channels" that does help somewhat.

Sorry, can't agree. That's one I was referring to. Unless "somewhat" means "barely"... lol.

Archived