Chapala.com Webboard

Costco

I have a Costco gift card issued in Vancouver. I will not have time to use it before I head for Chapala. Does anyone know if I will be able to use it in Guadaljara or is the exchange going to pose a problem.

Anyone had any experience with this. Thank you.

I'm asking, not challenging you RVGringo. I know my membership card works outside the country I purchased it in, but does a gift card issued up North really work down here? I heard folks complaining that they didn't work maybe 8 or so years ago. I sure hope that there no longer is a problem.

Oops! I missed the gift part with my poor eyes. Sorry.

I would not expect the gift card to work here and will try to edit out my original post on this matter.

Thanks for pointing out my error, Pete.

The Costco website says:

You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco location in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and online at Costco.com or on Costco.ca. Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise.

By rule of exclusion, a Costco Cash Card is not valid at Costco locations in Mexico.

http://www.costco.com/Costco-Cash-Card.product.10024438.html

I figured as much - but if I go on a Costco shopping spree - they won't let me on the plane! Just one more loose end. Thanks.

It sounds like maybe you're moving here. If so, sell the Costco gift card to someone up there, then spend the equivalent down here.

How much is a Mexican Costco card these days? How many people can be on the card? A few years back we had 4 people sharing 1 card. What a deal!

Archived