Chapala.com Webboard

Need a computer with US IP address (for 2 minutes)

I need to check something on a US website with a computer with a US IP address. Will someone let me use their computer for a couple of minutes? I can explain better by PM'ing you. Thanks.

Any idea whether I could see my social security page on the US SSA site with either of these? Now, it's blocked out.

Odd, because you should be able to see your SS page with a Mexican IP address but in the last few days I have been getting 403 codes on some sites. Many Mexican internet vendor IP addresses have been banned from US sites. I imagine it is because of the latest virus threat.

Odd, because you should be able to see your SS page with a Mexican IP address but in the last few days I have been getting 403 codes on some sites. Many Mexican internet vendor IP addresses have been banned from US sites. I imagine it is because of the latest virus threat.

The American Embassy has told me that you cannot access the SSA page with a non-US IP.

I can get in but it won't let me access my information. I used to be able to access it, but no longer. I have assumed it had something to do with a non-US IP.

Right, this what I experience: I can get into the SSA site, but when I enter my "login" information, the site will no longer show me my individual page with my work history and SSA future benefits. This happened when we moved down to Mexico.

I tried it just now and was able to connect. I do use Un-BlockUS to get Pandora, Netflix, etc.

http://www.unblock-us.com

You connected to the site but were you able to see your own SSA page?

If you registered a few years ago, you may have to re-register. I first registered 4 or 5 years ago and then about a year ago, I had to re-register to gain access. During the first registration, had to wait for a computer generated password to be sent to me by US mail. The re-registration was streamlined and did not require waiting for something to be sent to me. I have accessed the SSA info using the Telmex ISP as well as using HMA and Strong vpns.

I logged into my account just fine today with Mexican ISP, no problems getting all the way in with my user i.d. and password. I did have to change the password though, I got a message that you are supposed to change it every six months.

I sent you a PM. Welcome to use my computer or my iPad can visit you.

Thanks, Tom, I sent you one back.

I've just setup a new TelMex modem and have a StrongVpn client to San Francisco, you're welcome to come by and use my laptop if need be.

I'll PM my phone #

Gary

Archived