Chapala.com Webboard

Cataract Surgery

elrich

I truly believe, after working for 25 + years in the Ophthalmology field in the U.S., that if you have questions about any surgery that you make an appointment with a recommended Opthalmologist for a consultation in their office and write down, in advance,  any questions that you have.  From what I have heard, most Opthalmologists charge approximately 600 pesos for this visit. Well worth the price. Then make your own educated choice on who and where you will have this surgery.   Not everyone has the same visual issues.  Or the same outcome after surgery.   Do your own homework.  

I have had surgeries for cataracts and for retina repairs at Clinica Santa Lucia in Guadalajara with excellent results.  It is a specialized clinic, with decades of experience, and my retinologist from Puerto d Hierro prefers to do his surgeries at the clinic. So, ask your ophtalmologist or contact the clinic for a recommendation. Most of the receptionists have limited English, so you may want to make your first contact in Spanish, or through your doctor.   http://clinicasantalucia.com.mx/

The clinic is easy to find, just off Av. Terranova, near the Plaza Terranova.

Archived