Chapala.com Webboard

pool contractor

Denver

I'm thinking of putting in a medium small pool at my place, with surrounding concrete (?, flagstone? canterra?) patio and small roof over an existing small parking pad. Are there any recs out there for a contractor ---from someone that has actually done this recently? Possibly a kidney shaped pool, pro/cons? Possibly using beadcrete instead of tiles (how do you tile a kidney shaped pool w/o a million bevel cuts?)

Any other suggestions, ideas? Thanks.

Juan Pablo Giovannini at Home Services (Handy Mail - 766 1569) has done wonderful work on our pool. It needed reshaping, recementing, retilling, new steps with railing, a new pool house constructed, new pump, and Kool deck installed on the surround. His men are punctual, efficient and work very cleanly. We have always been very pleased with the work they have done for us over eight years

Thanks for the replies so far. I've also been given some info about a man named Chema, and Steve Warwick Constructions.

Any other recs or suggestions out there?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't build a kidney shaped one. It is much easier to cut a solar blanket cut to fit one that is rectangular. You have to replace them every two years so don't make it too difficult.

• Like 1

We built our pool two years ago and installed an EcoSmarte water purification system and are very happy with swimming in drinking water. If anyone is interested, you can send me a p.m. for more info about that. We also opted for PebbleTec finish vs a tile. There's only one certified Pebble Tec dealer in Mexico and they're based in Puerto Vallarta but travel all over MX installing, it was worth it.

• 5 years later...

Has anyone installed an ozone system in your pool?  We did not want the chlorine system.  However, unfortunately Ozone alone is not sufficient.  We have had a problem with the chlorinator and recently after a large rain, the pool went from murky to green.  Our pool cleaning company put some chlorine into the pool and the amount of algae that was killed and dropped to the bottom of the pool was horrific.    We really would like to know if you have had ozonator in your pool and what pool maintenance  company  understands the delicate balance between the ozone and amount of chlorine to add.  We really like and trust the owner of the cleaning company, but he only has 2 pools that use an ozonator.  Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions that you might have.

• 1 year later...
On 5/12/2014 at 12:28 AM, MyHomeSweetHome said:

We built our pool two years ago and installed an EcoSmarte water purification system and are very happy with swimming in drinking water. If anyone is interested, you can send me a p.m. for more info about that. We also opted for PebbleTec finish vs a tile. There's only one certified Pebble Tec dealer in Mexico and they're based in Puerto Vallarta but travel all over MX installing, it was worth it.

Hello, im very interested in the certified Pebble Tec dealer in Puerto Vallarta, could I get the number?