Chapala.com Webboard

My husband returned from Los Angeles on a United flight yesterday and left his Samsung tablet on the airport bus that took him from the airplane to the terminal. He did not discover it until he got home. We promptly called United, who connected us with Guadalajara Lost and Found. Lo and behold - it had been turned in by some very honest person! We have had so many positive experiences like this that I felt I needed to post another "thank you" to Mexico!

My husband returned from Los Angeles on a United flight yesterday and left his Samsung tablet on the airport bus that took him from the airplane to the terminal. He did not discover it until he got home. We promptly called United, who connected us with Guadalajara Lost and Found. Lo and behold - it had been turned in by some very honest person! We have had so many positive experiences like this that I felt I needed to post another "thank you"

:)

Good News Stories About Mexico

I had a great experience with the Mexican people as well, it should be shared also-

I was making a bus connection at Alamo and was uncertain about where exactly I had to catch the bus to Chapala. I asked someone standing close to me in my best Spanish - if I was in the right place for that and he said - not exactly - and after realizing I was struggling with my Spanish he switched to English and told me I had to see a lady in a lawnchair down the road a bit and she will sell me a ticket for the bus to Chapala, he then proceeded to take me to her, told her what I wanted ( in Spanish) and BOUGHT MY TICKET FOR ME, I immediately handed him the fifty pesos but he would not have it - no matter how much I insisted. Then he says to me " I am going to wait here with you until the bus arrives and make sure you get on alright. " The bus came I got on and that was the last I saw this person.

This experience was so unexpected and so kind hearted I was set back for long after it happened rethinking it over and over again. A stranger helping another for nothing in return but the feeling of helping someone else. It showed me a side of the Mexican people I had not yet experienced, and so glad I have.

Employee from US Air in Mexico City, depositing my US Dollars from my wallet that they found on the plane -- into Ronald McDonald House. (My pesos were all in my pocket.) They mailed my driver's licenses and ID to me (I told them to cut up my credit cards as they had all been cancelled.) The ID, of course, being the most difficult to replace.

They found me from my Ajijic business card in my wallet that matched my name on my Immigration card and licenses... and called my Guadalajara cell and subsequently e-mailed these pictures.

I was so impressed with their desire to prove their honesty that I shared the same with their head of corporate responsibility and understand that the three people involved were all rewarded a 7-day all expenses paid vacation at a 5-star hotel in Cancun.

photo.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Archived