Chapala.com Webboard

I am attempting to do an End Of Life Directive for Jalisco, Mexico, and need some recommendations for a reliable funeral home for cremation and shipment of ashes to the U.S. Thanks in advance!

My partner just died during an operation at St. Bernadette's in Guadalajara. It was completely unexpected. The English speaking desk staff at the hospital helped so much. They gave me the company in Guadalajara of Funeria Juan Pablo II on Av. Juan Pablo II No. 1744 (3699-0399). They came for the body and cremated it within 24 hours. They would have sent the cremains to the U.S. but my partner wanted to be buried here in Mexico. The whole cost--not counting the niche--was around 750 pesos. The niche was 10,000 pesos and has room for 4 urns.

My partner just died during an operation at St. Bernadette's in Guadalajara. It was completely unexpected. The English speaking desk staff at the hospital helped so much. They gave me the company in Guadalajara of Funeria Juan Pablo II on Av. Juan Pablo II No. 1744 (3699-0399). They came for the body and cremated it within 24 hours. They would have sent the cremains to the U.S. but my partner wanted to be buried here in Mexico. The whole cost--not counting the niche--was around 750 pesos. The niche was 10,000 pesos and has room for 4 urns.

I think you may have left off a zero some place

My condolences on the unexpected loss of your partner. It's consoling to know that you received the help you needed from the hospital staff and from the funeral home. Best wishes for your future.

Archived