Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic Sign "Con Fleche"

mkshawn

Noticed this a couple of weeks ago? The Green Arrow Traffic Signal light East bound at the Libermento had a qualifying Message: Red Circle, Green Arrow Left with a Text Message "Con Fleche"

Now that this sign is gone can we turn left on a green light if the west bound traffic allows?

Gone meaning removed or fell down?

The markings on the road surface are enforced in Mexico. There is a painted turn only arrow for the left lane, but many ignore it and go straight, forcing those who follow the law to then risk an accident as they merge back to the center after passing he Walmart entrance. As for the "con flecha" I know that is the rule so I wouldn't violate it and get caught. Although I've never seen the police pull any Mexican plated vehicle over for violating the straignt from the turn lane, though I've seen them catch left turn clowns for not waiting for an arrow. Look at the poor enforcement at the Caraterra going west and Colon. I have seen as many Mexican tagged vehicles turn left illegally as go straight, taxi and delgado vehicles included.

But is it legal to turn left on a green light, if there is an arrow at the intersection and no sign saying turn only with arrow?

No. Not when it is from a two way to a two way street.

As Cedros says. Back home you can turn left on a solid green light if there are no other indications, and of course that's what I started doing here. Could not believe it would be otherwise, but it is. No arrow flashing, no turning.

So at an intersection with a regular traffic light without any arrow, you cannot make a left turn?

You can if the light is green.

And, Sioux asked about a "regular traffic light without a green arrow."

If there is a green arrow on the signal rotation you may make a left turn only when it is on. If you make a left turn on just a green light you can be ticketed.

Archived