Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a reliable, trustworthy maid In Ajijic, any suggestions?

We have had Margarita since we moved here. She is self motivated and just gets it done without me having to direct her every move. She has helped me in the past with my children, cooking, and cleaning. Her english is very limited, but shes honest. I had a deposit envelope fall out of my purse with a large sum of cash in, after a frantic day of searching for it and deciding it was gone forever she found it and brought it to me. Currently I am here only client and I know she could use the work. I am almost functionally bilingual, so pm your info and ill have her call you from my house on fri morning with me here to translate if needed.

Our maid has a good command of English and needs work.

She's honest and hard working.

Please private message me for more details on Maria.

You won't be disappointed if you hire her.

She's also a great cook and is actually a nurse but nursing positions have dried up.

Whoever you hire, you should think very long and seriously about whether to give the person a key to your place. It may be more trouble to meet the cleaner and be there when s/he departs, but otherwise you run the risk of a future break-in. Remember that even if the house cleaner is scrupulously honest, the person's boy or girlfriend/child/neighbor/ etc. may not be. If they have access to the cleaner's spare key, and make a copy, you could find your place robbed some day.

I speak from experience.

Guest bennie2

lock the windows, & forget the indoor maintance. dont know what to tell you about mildew & mold. prehaps you have to come down for a week in between.

lock the windows, & forget the indoor maintance. dont know what to tell you about mildew & mold. prehaps you have to come down for a week in between.

Put a barrier between you and the main public road, it seems to work in la.floresta

don't you think bennie, oh that's only for san ant. people 'silly me'

After many maids, we now have Spring Clean. Would never go back to a private maid again. We have the same lady every other week, the owner brings her and picks her up and supervises. only the owner has our key if necessary.

No vacation pay or Christmas bonus. Just pay as we go. If we go away for a few weeks, we cancel the service and resume when we get home. No problem. there is no contract.

Another vote for Spring Clean who have provided our cleaning service for 6 years now. No muss, no fuss, no hassle...and we too get the same person every week. When we travel as we do for a month or so each year we stop the service and have Letitia restart it just before we get back. Absolutely trustworthy people.

Guest bennie2

the traveler, you gave a key. same thing. i trust the owner, but people can get access to the keys. change locks. haggisover, i believe you are on the wrong thread?

the traveler, you gave a key. same thing. i trust the owner, but people can get access to the keys. change locks. haggisover, i believe you are on the wrong thread?

No bennie, same fear as l.f. don't you think,

and if you have the same concerns then you must

take the same precautions as the elite team, man the barriers everyone.

Guest bennie2

90% of breakins is from workers their families or friends. you are free to do as you wish haggis. i am not your supervisor, or in charge of the safety measures in fracs. again, remember you have free will. if you have issues (not related to this thread) please see manager or watchperson of the frac. goodluck.

90% of breakins is from workers their families or friends. you are free to do as you wish haggis. i am not your supervisor, or in charge of the safety measures in fracs. again, remember you have free will. if you have issues (not related to this thread) please see manager or watchperson of the frac. goodluck.

Where do you get your stats?

013877631958. Elva is an older, professional English-speaking woman bus in for Joco. Has keys. Completely reliable and trustworthy. Years and years of references. She is a cleaning machine. Every two weeks, five hours a time. 250 pesos a time. Provide her with a coke, but that's it.

You said in this thread that "90% of breakins is caused" by workers, their families and friends. Why didn´t you start a separate thread for that wild accusation? If your comment is allowed than our question of where that statistic came from is also allowed. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts.

Guest bennie2

if the subject is not allowed, the mods can delete my comment- & righty so. i rarely start threads, especially about crime. (since that is not encouraged here). you are free to do as you please on the webboard, w/out bennies initiation.

Archived