Chapala.com Webboard

Yves request: Help find home for 2 poodles dumped at groomer's

b6ekgp.jpg

Hi animal-lover friends,

I was just at Yves Restaurant and he asked me for my help as he is (in his own words) computer illiterate. He knows I love animals and asked if I could scan and post this flyer for him. A customer of his brought it in. She had seen these 2 precious siblings - the owner had brought them to the groomer's and never returned. It is in Guad, not here. If you or anyone you know wants two beautiful poodles, please call the cellphone number at the top of the flyer... here, hold on a sec and I'll look at it myself and type it right here as well.... here we go: 333-405-3758 and/or 331-359-7519.

I thank you - and Yves thanks you.

Have an excellent day :)

Poe Bango

What's wrong with people? They're darling.

People don't return for many reasons such as death or hospitalization. Someone who wants the dogs groomed probably cared about them and did not plan to leave them stranded. People who don't care will leave dogs on the side of the road.

Good point, Joco -- you're right. That very well could be the case. I'm always telling people to make provisions for their animals in the event of death or incapacitation. And if that's the case, that is so sad for the owner of the dogs. And now so sad for the dogs. Sad all around.

This makes me so angry. Yes, there is death and a sudden emergency but folks should make arrangements for their pets in case of death or serious illness. These dogs are not able to survive as street dogs since they have been pampered all their lives. And I think there have been either 3 or 4 postings of lost pets lately. PLEASE keep your dog on a lead. Have tags made with your name and phone number.....not the dog's name. And please microchip. No matter how well trained, with so many people around as there are this week, a dog could easily get lost or STOLEN. Please be extra careful.

The problem is we don't know if these dogs belong to a Mexican in Guadalajara or a foreigner. If the owner made arrangements for the dogs to be taken care of by friends, do the friends know where the dogs are?

I posted this thread on a Guadalajara Expat Facebook page so if the dogs belong to a foreigner in Guadalajara maybe someone will recognize them.

If they are owned by a Mexican, maybe the person was in an accident, etc. and family and friends do not know where the dogs are.

I wonder if the groomer has any contact information that could help. I know when I have dropped my dog off to be groomed the groomer doesn't ask for any contact information.

This makes me so angry. Yes, there is death and a sudden emergency but folks should make arrangements for their pets in case of death or serious illness. These dogs are not able to survive as street dogs since they have been pampered all their lives. And I think there have been either 3 or 4 postings of lost pets lately. PLEASE keep your dog on a lead. Have tags made with your name and phone number.....not the dog's name. And please microchip. No matter how well trained, with so many people around as there are this week, a dog could easily get lost or STOLEN. Please be extra careful.

Thank you for talking about the need for tags, microchips and leads. I've recently read two very sad lost dog stories on another web board. Both dogs are purebreds and likely to have been stolen.. The first one jumped out of the car and disappeared........so far not found. But; no tags, no collar, no chip. The second was a very small dog lost on the Ajijic malecon. No leash in that case.

The owners are heartbroken. if you love your pet, please protect him/her with the proper i.d., and use the leash when out in public.

I am guessing there may have been tragedy involved re the poodles left at the groomer. I can't imagine anyone taking them to a groomer as a way of just getting rid of them.

Already posted on the Guadalajara Facebook site, that people should leave their names, addresses and phone numbers with the groomer and I would add leave a friend's name also and leave all info with anyone with whom animals are left. I've never given my personal information to any groomer here. I only ask when the dog will be ready. After I leave the groomer's, if I am in a accident or become ill no one would know where my dog is.

I don't speak Spanish and I suspect the groomer does not speak English but maybe if someone could question the groomer like ask have the dogs been there before, did the owner drive there or walk, was the owner a foreigner or Mexican, elderly or not, etc. Maybe the owner could be found.

Animals that are taken care of are rarely dumped. This seems more like something happened to the owner and I'd rather think the best of the owner than the worst.

It's true that groomer's here never ask for your information. I'm always amazed that people don't put a tag on their dog with a phone number and address. But this made me realize that my dog's groomer doesn't know my number either. From now on I'm going to make sure to leave it with them each time I bring my dog there.

Archived