Chapala.com Webboard

Must have pension income or wait 4 years to go from temporal to permanente

Kevin K

You see - this why people get so angry with you - you make up crap and pass it off as fact.

Facilitate - yes, but not recruit, not advertise, not work the consulates looking for software engineers, aerospace workers, etc. Please provide just one example of the government of Mexico recruiting skilled immigrants - all they do is grease the rails and in the case of retired pensioners, they cannot even get that right!

On what basis do you make this claim?

I was recruited by Mexican govt. agencies, through for requests that I become a staff editor on a biomedical journal published by the Mex. Gob. I was recruited to analyze data, do experimental design, etc.

Yes, my personal situation is different than the typical American retiree posting here on Chapala.com, but that does not make it a cause for anger.

My wife's group and her institution have actively recruited talented scientists to come work in Mexico for the past 25 years.

Why get angry when you know only part of the facts?

There's too much for any one of us to know, so, we work together, pooling the knowledge of some, to benefit others, helps everyone.

Due to the incredible power of the internet, People have the freedom to read the actual laws, quickly and easily, to see things for themselves. I simply read the Ley Aduanera, the Ley de Imigracion, Lineamientos, US Census Bureau data (counting - not manipulated figures), SAT and INM manuals, Aduanera manuals, and the other documents that affect me and my family.

Please, don't criticize out of ignorance or reliance on internet opinions.

Why criticize someone for being thorough and diligent - or for relating their personal experience?

It's beautiful that you can read it all for yourselves, and make up your own minds.

It's a tough choice: Curse the darkness.... or get-up, buy a lamp & some oil, and light your lamp.

Fiat Lux

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this thread will continue to remain off target as evidenced by all the made up crap that is posted here. I see the winner, do you?

: Curse the darkness.... or get-up, buy a lamp & some oil, and light your lamp.

Or just give up on you - I am not talking private recruitment, I am talking government recruitment and you know it.

Once again you are quoting laws as though they are Biblical scripture and verse. They are not. What about the constituional laws that say for a great many occupations Mexicans must have priority over foreigners. Things change

Or just give up on you - I am not talking private recruitment, I am talking government recruitment and you know it.

Once again you are quoting laws as though they are Biblical scripture and verse. They are not. What about the constituional laws that say for a great many occupations Mexicans must have priority over foreigners. Things change

Please, read the post above that you again criticize:

On what basis do you make this claim?

I was recruited by Mexican govt. agencies, through for requests that I become a staff editor on a biomedical journal published by the Mex. Gob. I was recruited to analyze data, do experimental design, etc.

Yes, my personal situation is different than the typical American retiree posting here on Chapala.com, but that does not make it a cause for anger.

My wife's group and her institution have actively recruited talented scientists to come work in Mexico for the past 25 years.

Fiat Lux

To inform other future readers of the opportunities and realities of Mexico, read the second line of the previous post:

"I was recruited by Mexican govt. agencies, through for requests that I become a staff editor on a biomedical journal published by the Mex. Gob. ..."

Yes, Mexico has many highly-qualified scientists and computer folk who are looking for jobs, and Mexico tries to fill their job openings with Mexican citizens, but good opportunities do exist for talented foreigners with skills desired by the Mexican Gob.

Getting back to the original topic, the last friend who applied for Permanent Residency at the Phoenix, AZ Mexican Consulate (several weeks ago) did not have to show pension income or 4 years of RT - just sufficient savings.

Archived