Chapala.com Webboard

Recycling Center closing temporarily :-(

I just heard this morning from the guys at the Recycling Center next to the Animal Shelter that they are closing and will be moving to a new location. However, it might be a month or longer before they can find a new location and get set up there. :-( Meanwhile we will have to put our bottles and cans in the trash. I plan to accumulate my aluminum and plastic hoping that they will open again sooner than one month. I presume that they meant that they will be closed as of Monday, although I was too stunned by the news that I didn't think to verify that. If not Monday, it won't be much longer.

I went there an hour + before their normal closing time on Saturday (1 pm) and the plastic bags were not sitting out front, the big door was down, and only the little door was open. I stuck my head in to ask if they were open and that is they told me the news.

Thank you for letting us know.

Did they give you any idea where they are moving to or how they will notify people when they do reopen?

Sorry, folks, we're not moving. We are closed permanently. Thanks to the community for your support. Not enough bottles to pay the rent but I think we gave it a good try as long as we possibly could. There's a site down near Ixtlahuacan that will take recyclables and pay for them.

Too bad - it was so convenient. Could you give an idea of where in Ixtlahuacan the recycle place is?

Yes, as soon as you get to the bottom of the hill coming from Chapala look on your right and you'll see a trash yard. This is before the main entrance to Ixtlahuacan.

Sorry, Brad. Thank you for all your efforts. I liked dropping off my plastic in the Cruz Roja bin.

I will put my plastic out here. Either neighborhood kids or the trash guys will benefit.

Yes, the trash guys will still be making money from the recyclables you put out. For them, it will be as before we opened the Riberas facility. Thanks for your support. Perhaps in the future we can all come up with something ......

You can have your friend PM the OP of the topic "Recycling Business Closing". It's currently on the first screen.

Archived