Chapala.com Webboard

Is there any interest in forming a naturalized citizen club?

HarryB

To discuss issues pertinent to the citizens. To bring these issues to the attention to the powers to be Delegado, Presidente, Governor, Lakeside Community council. To encourage and assist members to vote. To drink coffee once a month

If you want guidance go to the SRE, they will help you, ask questions on the forum from people who have been through it or hire a lawyer no need for a club for that.

Learn Spanish if you are not fluent and read the papers or watch television.

You told us what was in for you who is not a ciizen but what are the benefits fo those who are already citizens?.

Hola! I would be interested. Naturalized in Jan 2013... I work in Ajijic but live in Santa Cruz de la Soledad.

It stands for Secreteria de Relaciones Exteriores. , it is where you apply for citizenship.

Barcelonaman and Austinx what do you think you are the manners police? Why don´t you answer the OP .No one was rude to the op he had a legit question..

I/m trying to do something positive. I'm not looking for a fight; just trying to findout if a specific group of residents would like to get together and determine their own purposes, not mine.

I hadn't thought of potentials. But, it would be a good way of building a presence. We need to lean from the Latinos up north and build a voting presence to be heard, no?

It would be interesting to join a group who want to become naturalized. It would be helpful to discuss the pros/cons, tax implications, change in laws etc. Sometimes you don't want to post stuff on this forum. You really get jumped on.

The number of naturalized citizens will grow over the next few years. I would be interested.

Why would a person want to be Mexican?

For me many benefits; my country says where I cannot go. Mexicans have constitutional right of travel. Banking in other countries as a Mexican citizen, buying within 50 klicks of the sea, business reasons, etc.

Archived