Chapala.com Webboard

La Hacienda de Don Pedro

MyHomeSweetHome

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch at Don Pedro's yesterday afternoon and it's worth raving about. Honestly, in nearly 8 years living here it was the best meal ever eating out! Everything seasoned so tastefully. The tortilla chips are seasoned as well as the warm dinner rolls with bite sized cream cheese baked inside were yummy! My husband ordered shrimp ala diabla(red spicy sauce), I tasted the sauce, it was excellent! I chose an arrachera plate, it was mesquite grilled over an open fire in the kitchen, not something I could duplicate at home....delicious! Steamed veggies and green salad...perfect! I have never been served such a wonderful green salad here lakeside. The seating is most comfortable and tastefully decorated...I enjoyed looking at the architectural designs inside, it is definitely a finer restaurant...we'll definitely be going back on a regular basis and take all the friends we can with us. It was a delightful treat and I'm sorry we took so long to try it! A very nice place, could be in Plaza Andares but it's right here in Ajijic! The menu says they serve sushi tepanyaky as well as duck...have to try that. Monday-Friday they serve a lunch menu for 90 pesos a plate that includes a glass of red or white wine.

We were also treated with a scrumptious slice of New York style cheese cake and cool lemon pie.

Earned the "my favorite restaurant" spot!

Hours are 12 p.m.-10 p.m. and they will serve the 90 pesos lunch specials at 12 p.m.

for reservations:

376-766-4906

Carret. Ajijic - Poniente 268-7

Rancho del Oro, Ajijic

Archived