Chapala.com Webboard

Temporary Car Import

I am aware of that site. It is copyright 2005. I was looking for someone with more current information. For instance, that site states that as a foreign resident, I need to apply for temporary immigration. I already have my non residente.

That site is the latest and functioning to be used to get a TIP delivered to your US or Canadian address. If it states you need something, then you do.

I am aware of that site. It is copyright 2005. I was looking for someone with more current information. For instance, that site states that as a foreign resident, I need to apply for temporary immigration. I already have my non residente.

"non residente" , "temporary immigration" are not the terms used in Mexico and are ambiguous. Nobody knows what you are taliking about. Please use the correct terms the INM uses to clarify what your questions are. Then maybe someone will chime in.

Any idea what a TIP costs complete to your home for a 180 day Tourist?

Last October my TIP and $300 deposit came to 4562.82 MP, so that put the TIP delivered DHL to my NOB home at around $50. At the time the exchange rate was about 13.1 to 1.

P.S. My deposit credit was returned to my credit card in 2 business days after I turned it in at the border.

Thank you RickS for your useful information. It looks like the online option is with a dear price. I am sorry that I haven't kept up with the latest classification. I am residente temporal for those of you that couldn't figure it out

I think you will have to forgo the on - line TIP and get it at a border crossing if you are a Residente Temporal.

"The processing fee is U.S. $ 44 plus tax [16% IVA] for cars, RVs or boats.

You must also pay a security deposit per vehicle, according to the following relationship:

Models 2007 and later 400 dollars

Models 2001 to 2006 $ 300

Models 2000 and earlier 200 dollars"

http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2008/vehiculos/141_10028.HTML

Archived