Chapala.com Webboard

A longer wait for permanente, again... ?

Rony

I had heard that a whole bunch of people who applied for permanente last year, had to wait or are still waiting for fingerprinting and all. But I thought that they got their act together by now (especially for the people who applied afterwards).

Two weeks ago, I applied directly in Guadalajara, and (in the past) usually, for the temporary card, within a day or 2 there was some change in the on line status. It always went fast and it was a smooth ride with them (in Guad).

This time, I am not so lucky and since day one, March 19th, it says "El tramite ha sido registrado" and that is it,.... no more extra comments, nada, just one line and the status remains unchanged.

I am supposed to be grandfathered into the permanente status now (paid the 1036 pesos at the bank, but still need to pay the 3950 pesos and do the fingerprinting.... so they still need to ask me to present myself, but nothing about that on line).

Anybody else who did the permanent resident thing directly in Guadalajara recently ?

I am probably just being too impatient ? I just don't dance the limbo very well.

Rony

They have been working hard and getting caught up, Guadalajara has been faster than Chapala. The Chapala head came to see me earlier in the year and said they are clearing the backlog and we have seen results. We have even had people locally approved in a week or so for permanente this month and we hope the trend continues. At times some people get approved faster than others but little by little we are seeing the backlog cleared, it might appear that things will be quicker from now on.

I was fingerprinted Feb 27th with the help of your staff, still nothing? Is it worth my while to go into see them with smiles etc, we are flying out April 26th so am getting anxious!

Spencer, congratulation on tying the knot, we will be married 45 yrs in August.

Locally they only give out cards every Friday and they get new cards in every 2 to 3 weeks, doesnt make much sense when they are made in Guad and the staff comes from there daily.

• 1 month later...

What is the average time between fingerprinting and have the card in hand? I have travel plans and hope this gets done before I have to leave. This has been a long process but finally seeing the light...not a train I hope!

For Chapala or for Guadalajara INM ?

What is the average time between fingerprinting and have the card in hand? I have travel plans and hope this gets done before I have to leave. This has been a long process but finally seeing the light...not a train I hope!

Please do not attempt to leave Mexico until you have your new visa card in hand. You may not leave, unless you get a letter of permission from INM and can be back within 60 days. They are very strict about that, and to violate the rule would invalidate your process and create real problems for you.

we are a couple entered Mexico from a cruise trip with san diego as our last stop in Tijuana.

we handed the Mexico immigration agent our two passports and two travel letters, we were in a hurry to get on the Volaris shuttle

I did not realize it until we turned in our travel letters he has stamped both passports and one travel letter.

we had to get copy or the passport page that was stamped, get a letter in Spanish explaining what happened

next time I will make each of us carries our own papers are our responsible for watching the Mexican agent stamp our own personal documents.

and we take our time and not rushed by long line and waiting shuttle.

watch the agent make sure he stamped your travel letter.

Archived