Chapala.com Webboard

Graphic Printers Lakeside

If you're driving from Ajijic to Chapala, just a bit before you reach the Santander bank, there's a tiny graphics shop on the right. I've used that one a few times and been happier with them than the place you mentioned. The young woman who does the work there is competent (though her father, who sometimes helps in the shop, is not, so make sure you deal with her, at least when placing the order, etc.).

Be aware that there's also another shop virtually across the street from it, but that's just an outpost of the place by Hole in One. I've heard there's also a recommended printer in Chapala, on Morelos somewhere I think, but I don't have any experience with it.

Better vendors, and prices, in Guadalajara, of course.

I cannot NOT recommend the woman that Travis mentioned. Sorry, Travis. :-) We printed up 1000 business cards and when we got them back, one side was glossy, the other side was matte. That's a pretty major mess up, but to make it worse all the cards were off-centered, and half the cards were off-centered by at least half a centimeter.

When I emailed her to ask for a reprint, she said that she would only reprint HALF of them for free, although all cards were bad.

So I told her I would NOT recommend whenever possible :-)

I can KIND of recommend the Graphics Solutions (?) people in Hole in One. At least more than the woman in Chapala. Honestly, if it's a really important print job, I'd go to Guadalajara. There is a new place in Ajijic, almost right next to Casa Mis Amores, and I'm interested in knowing if they do good work there.

Ouch. Yeah, I've had similarly bad experiences (plural) with the other place mentioned, and that's why I sought out the shop in Chapala, which so far has been okay on three small jobs. Sounds like it's just a roll of the dice, locally. I noticed the place by Casa Mis Amores too, and wonder how it is. If it's something important, Guadalajara is undoubtedly a safer bet.

Archived