Chapala.com Webboard

In the address bar (the upper bar) just be sure that you have: www.yahoo.com....delete all the characters besides that....and then mark it as "favorite"....

Unfortunately, that may not work, as the IP address of your computer in Mexico forces the yahoo.com page to redirect.

Instead, look at the thin purple bar along the top of your Yahoo page. On the far right, you will see a Mexican flag with a little arrow beside it. Click the arrow.

My wife is having the same problem. We use the same computer but my Yahoo is in English and my wife's is in Spanish. We're using Google Chrome. We've tried everything. Clicking on the flag in the upper right corner allows her to see the site in English but it's a google translation of Spanish and we all now how great those are. My wife is Mexican but she wants to see the news from the U.S. and yahoo.mx is mostly South America.

I'd have to say that somehow the wrong flag or something is being clicked. Chrome has a habit of auto-translating pages, so that happens with every page that needs it. That is not the same as having selected the country by clicking on the flag. In your case, the flag should appear just below the button that says OPTIONS when Chrome is offering to translate a page.

By the way, the flag stays after you've selected a different language, in case you need to change again.

I'd have to say that somehow the wrong flag or something is being clicked. Chrome has a habit of auto-translating pages, so that happens with every page that needs it. That is not the same as having selected the country by clicking on the flag. In your case, the flag should appear just below the button that says OPTIONS when Chrome is offering to translate a page.

By the way, the flag stays after you've selected a different language, in case you need to change again.

When we click on either the flag (in this case Mexican) or the arrow to the right the table opens up that asks for which country we would like, even though we click on the U.S. it still gives us yahoo.mx.

I was having this same problem for about two weeks with Mozilla. When I used Internet Explorer no problem, so I decided the problem was with Mozilla. Early this week the Mozilla site let me go back to US.

Archived