Chapala.com Webboard

Insurance for Mexican-plated car

lobita

So, we have managed to finalize the purchase of a used Jalisco-plated vehicle. We now need to acquire reasonably-priced liability insurance (no collision coverage) -- emphasis on the 'reasonably-priced'. Suggestions on how to proceed, anyone?

(I had no trouble finding information online that allowed me to insure our US car in Mexico, but information about Mexican insurance for Mexican cars is much more elusive.)

We use Parker. Had a claim a couple years ago (car was totalled) and they paid out promptly. An insurance agent is only as good as their claims paying ability is. If someone recommends an agent, ask if they had ever had a major claim.

I have had over $150,000 U.S. in claims for health. Andre has been with me all the way at the hospital and making sure the bill is correct and submitting claims. Without him I would be toast. He met with another Met Life client last evening at a Drs. office in Guadalajara to help the client that has a serious condition and will need hospitalization. Stop by and see him. You won't be sorry.

Now the OP has two good choices, Parker and Bellon. Last year Parker added US coverage to our Mx plated car (at renewal only) for something like $300mp.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try to get to a couple of different folks over the next week and compare.

I see a phone number and email for AXA, and a phone number for Bellon. Tom, do you have contact info for Parker?

There was a gringo accident right at the intersection in front of Bellons at the Paz liquor store and Claude went out and did all the calling and assisted with translation for the accident victims and they where not even Claudes customers, but he still helped them.

Archived