Chapala.com Webboard

New webboard dedicated to general service providers?

I was just searching the webboards en masse looking for a painter to do some touch-up work in a house that we are renting. In the past I've also searched for recommendations for plumbers, electricians, hair stylists, dentists, doctors, satellite dishes, mail services, etc etc etc. It occurred to me today that there isn't a specific webboard dedicated to service providers. Perhaps having one would make it much easier and faster to locate such services.

Right now most of these topics get lumped into the very broad Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara webboard, which has the following stated purpose...

"This board is for people with interest in the Lakeside area and in moving to Mexico."

Whenever I search this broad based webboard I get back a LOT of "static" in the results; that is, topics that contain my search word(s) but that aren't really relevant to the purpose at hand. So then I have to visually sort through a LOT of chaff to find a few stalks of wheat.

A webboard dedicated to service providers would have the following stated purpose (or something like this)...

"This board is for people who ALREADY live in the Lakeside area and who need to have something done."

Just kicking this idea out for public comment. Please cuss and discuss the pro and cons.

How about just posting with the headline: "Need a reliable painter for some touch up jobs." You'll get replies.

I can recommend one: See Chimi at Chimi's restaurant across from the back door of LCS on 16 Septiembre street. We're used his services many times. Meticulous; good prep work, good cleanup and reasonable cost. Speaks English well.

Buen Suerte.

Guest bennie2

mexconnect has a special section, it may need to be updated. this board need one too, not just discussions. a list is necessary, w/correct cell phones.

TOB has a special section with workers and stores recommendations.

TOB? What's that?

Archived