Chapala.com Webboard

Sync Outlook to Nexus?

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I've tried exporting from outlook to gmail and then syncing, but that means I need to do it everytime. I want it sync'd directly from outlook 2007 to nexus 7. Anybody available to give me a hand with that? I tried one software app, but they wanted a monthly fee. There's gotta be a way!

Thanks.

EDIT: Other posts would appear to indicate that this has changed...

Sorry, cannot be done. You will have to use different software for that. Even GMail does not properly sync it's own Contacts between devices.

Start using the outlook.com app on live.com, which is web based and should allow you to import everything you need from outlook since they both come from Microsoft, and then put the live.com app on the nexus and live happily ever after, or at least until Microsoft changes everything again.

One interesting sideline is that if you use skype but don't have it active, you will get a ringtone if someone calls you on skype as long as you are signed on to the outlook.com website.

Gmail syncs my contacts just fine. I used to use a third party app, don't remember the name. But its function was hit and miss. So what I did was begin using my Gmail account. I have about 5 email addresses (various business addresses) that are all connected to my gmail account. You can set which account you want to send from by default.

It is a better solution for me than Outlook as everything syncs seamlessly, but your mileage may vary.

Stan

Yeah? Well, let me tell you, between my iPhone, my Galaxy tablet, and my computers, nothing is ever in sync (except in browser versions of GMail). Even using the IMAP protocol. In particular not contacts. It just doesn't work that way.

Yeah? Well, let me tell you, between my iPhone, my Galaxy tablet, and my computers, nothing is ever in sync (except in browser versions of GMail). Even using the IMAP protocol. In particular not contacts. It just doesn't work that way.

Well, let me tell you, I use gmail, Google calendar and Google contracts on a PC, an ipad, an iPod touch and a Nexus 5, and everything stays in sync perfectly .

Then let me tell you, you are having much better luck than me. First, you would be using IMAP, right? Second, I cannot get my contacts to properly sync. If I add a new one on web GMail, it does not appear in my tablet or phone.

Sorry, I shouldn't have been flip. This is not something I take lightly, because I think the world of email is still in the dinosaur era, and it would be great to fix everyone's so that it works the way we "expect" it to...

You are probably having problems due to how you are forced to use it. I have zero problems with things synching between my windows computer and my android phone and my ipad2.

I use gmail through my chrome browser on the computer and the native contacts app on the galaxy S4 and the gmail app on the phone as well. It works seamlessly. When my last phone died a couple of months ago all I had to do with the new phone was set up my google account and wait the couple of minutes to synch and all 864 contacts were there! If I make a achange to one one one device itshows up on the other at the next sync.

You didn't come across as flip, just arrogant. As if someone named ComputerGuy can't get it to work, then it doesn't work.

Like I said before, your mileage may vary.

Stan

Archived