Chapala.com Webboard

Courier Service to Canada

mkshawn

We would appreciate your advice & experience in getting an envelope of legal documents: 30± pages back to Canada. Price is not really the concern, these are time sensitive legal documents so tracking etc is very important. Have used all the providers in the past but not here from in Mexico. Thanks

I've used iShop in Laguna mall for such a number of times. I've found it easier to track with FedEx than with UPS. Sometimes it only takes 2 days.

We use DHL International for documents and they are highly recommended by all here that need documents deliverd in 2 days anywhere. FedEx has a spotty reputation here where I live and have read of other Expats complaning about them in other parts of the country as well.. It will cost about $600 to $750 pesos for 30 pages and arrive within 48 hours. They have many dropoff offices in Guadalajara.

http://www.indizze.mx/directorio/dhl-guadalajara-60769-63822

I have seen a few times FedEx deilivery guys taking something out of their truck and going into a building and leaving the back door unlocked on their truck [lazy]. To me this is asking for trouble one day.

I realize that this is not a direct response to your inquiry...however...

Whenever we have had to deal with legal signed documents, we scan them (PDF) and send them as an attachment via e-mail. It's fast and cheap and WE have a copy of what we've signed and sent. Sometimes, we do both if they want the "real" documentation at the other end. The "real" documentation can then be sent via the courier of your choice but you're not paying a premium to get it there in such an all fired hurry.

I like options.

I like FedEx...easier to track..."and, like, you don't dot your i's" (from the advertisement)...you get to see a signature of who signed for it.

I send many documents by Fedex, most arrive next day unless you send to the boonies in Canada, major cities are no problem.

Archived