Chapala.com Webboard

Requirements for Notification of Change of Address

Frijoles

Do you have a written agreement? If you do show it.

I don't think you need a utility bill in your own name. Most renters do not have a utility bill in the renter's name. You can probably show a CFE bill in the owner's name.

I've never understood why they will take a bill in someone else's name and will not accept a Telecable bill in the applicant's name. Telecable should be considered a utility just like a phone but INM doesn't think so.

Do you have a written agreement? If you do show it.

I don't think you need a utility bill in your own name. Most renters do not have a utility bill in the renter's name. You can probably show a CFE bill in the owner's name.

I've never understood why they will take a bill in someone else's name and will not accept a Telecable bill in the applicant's name. Telecable should be considered a utility just like a phone but INM doesn't think so.

I know why.

CFE will give you an account in your name if you show them the title to the house or building. This is the primary contract they have with an owner. They might let a renter with a 1 year legal signed lease get the CFE bill in their name temporarily but there is still a contract with the legal owner in their records.

Another reason most CFE bills are in the landlord´s name is when he goes to sell the house he needs 5 years of CFE bills to get the 5 year ownership tax exemption.

Telmex and Telecable, Cablemas etc. could care less. All they want is to get a phone or cable, internet in and charge you.

2 different approaches to who "really" lives there.

CFE is a federal institute and the others are for profit private entites who do what they want.

INM and banks will accept Telmex and CFE in the owner's of the residence name. They will not accept a Telecable bill in the renter's name. Any renter can have Telmex in his name so it is weird that INM and banks will take a telephone bill in someone else's name as proof of residency.

Telmex is acceptable so being private has nothing to do with it and INM and banks don't care about the owner having continuity in his CFE bill for a future sale.

INM and banks will accept Telmex and CFE in the owner's of the residence name. They will not accept a Telecable bill in the renter's name. Any renter can have Telmex in his name so it is weird that INM and banks will take a telephone bill in someone else's name as proof of residency.

Telmex is acceptable so being private has nothing to do with it and INM and banks don't care about the owner having continuity in his CFE bill for a future sale.

Private now thanks to Salinas, the crook, who sold it cheap. Telmex is a huge entity in Mexico and has been since 1947, not some cable company serving a few municipalities somewhere. They have to be consistent in choosing what to accept federally not locally.

"Telefonos de Mexico was founded in 1947 when the companies merged Ericsson in Mexico and the International Telephone and Telegraph Company , becoming the sole provider of telephone services in the country.

The Mexican government granted facilities to the August 20, 1958 Mexican businessmen to acquire all the shares of Telmex that were held by the two trans (AT & T and Ericsson ) , whereby the national capital drops to that company.

The August 16, 1972 the government of President Luis Echeverría Álvarez acquired 51 % stake in Telmex , becoming the majority shareholder of the company , reserving 49% of them to the private sector

In 1990 Mexico's President Carlos Salinas de Gortari decided to begin a process of privatization. Several groups of investors made ​​up of national and international companies were presented , being winning consortium created by Carlos Slim , France Télécom and SBC Communications among other small investors, but the consortium took over the 53 % and the majority shareholder , bought all but the remaining shares leaving 31% of the shares."

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telmex

I don't understand your point is Alan. The OP was asking about proof of address to change an address with INM.

INM will accept a Telmex or CFE bill even iif they are in someone else's name but will not accept a Telecable bill in the applicant's name.

That is the answer.

Archived