Chapala.com Webboard

Caring for Equipales (Mexican Patio) Furniture

cologal

I also use saddle soap (Walmart, Soriana, many hardware stores.) Eventually, if your furniture needs repair to the leather, Miguel, the upholsterer next to Brisas Restaurant in Riberas, will recover your furniture in cloth, leather, etc.

Keep up the finish, and your equipale should last you many years.

I also use saddle soap (Walmart, Soriana, many hardware stores.) Eventually, if your furniture needs repair to the leather, Miguel, the upholsterer next to Brisas Restaurant in Riberas, will recover your furniture in cloth, leather, etc.

Keep up the finish, and your equipale should last you many years.

What is the saddle soap called in these stores? Where do they stock it in Walmart?

I bought some last month at Walmart, and it was with the shoe polishes and waxes. Very low on the shelf, as I recall. It's in a white and yellow plastic container (like a sour cream container), holding about a cup's worth. It's cheap enough to use generously.

Salvador, the gentleman who makes equipales in Chapala across from Soriana and brings them to the Tianguis in Ajijic on Wednesdays sells a big bottle of a care product with lots of wax that's good for the pig skin. He usually has several bottles displayed on the tables.

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2014 at 9:14 AM, bradshoe said:

Salvador, the gentleman who makes equipales in Chapala across from Soriana and brings them to the Tianguis in Ajijic on Wednesdays sells a big bottle of a care product with lots of wax that's good for the pig skin. He usually has several bottles displayed on the tables.

Does Salvador still come to the weekly Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic?  I haven't seen him there lately.  I am looking to buy an Equipales dining set.  If he's not around, where else can I buy this locally?

19 hours ago, suegarn said:

Does Salvador still come to the weekly Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic?  I haven't seen him there lately.  I am looking to buy an Equipales dining set.  If he's not around, where else can I buy this locally?

I think he still shows up on Wednesdays.  If nothing else go to his house/workshop across the highway from Soriana.  I did notice his wife was at the equipqle booth at the Chili Cook-off.

Archived