Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco Vehicle Annual Inspection

I don't find anything in previous threads re: annual inspections. I successfully had my car nationalized last August and had to have the safety inspection for 2013 done before hand. What is the time frame for having a 2014 inspection done? Am I already overdue, one more thing to get pulled over for? I'll appreciate input regarding the regulations.

Apparently, the test has been made more rigorous and to my knowledge, no one locally is doing it though supposedly there is a shop in Joco that will do it for 350 pesos.

This just happened at the first of the year so I'm hoping by the time I have to do mine someone between Ajijic and Chapala will be able to do the test.

Someone, I can't remember who mentioned to me/us that there is one place in or near Chapala where it can be done. As I am a #9 and don't need another test until Sep. I didn't try to remember where it was in Chapala.

I hope like Mainecoons that by then, there will be more options and a site or three closer to Ajijic.

Sandrita posted this on another thread about the emissions test:

I stopped by the place on Colon in San Antonio and Jose told me that the government has reduced the number of shops that can do the test. ????

He said that there was a place in Chapala on Zaragoza & Degollado (building is green and white) that can do it...he didn't know the name or have the phone #.

Geez, I sure hope Jocotepec is still considered part of "lakeside" (although some consider it out of their way), as I got my emissions control sticker last Tuesday here in Jocotepec. I paid 350 pesos and YES it is an "Official" Emissions Testing facility. I've had one every year for the past five years at the same place as well as using the owner as my mechanic.

Geez, I sure hope Jocotepec is still considered part of "lakeside" (although some consider it out of their way), as I got my emissions control sticker last Tuesday here in Jocotepec. I paid 350 pesos and YES it is an "Official" Emissions Testing facility. I've had one every year for the past five years at the same place as well as using the owner as my mechanic.

Since the remaining "authorized facilities" seem to be a bit thin on the ground, it might be useful if you could post where the mechanic in Jocotopec is ....

Your trusted mechanic who prepares your car for a tune-up can take care of getting it through the emission check. If there is a problem he will know what to fix and bring it back for the emission check, usually no extra charge.

Since the remaining "authorized facilities" seem to be a bit thin on the ground, it might be useful if you could post where the mechanic in Jocotopec is ....

#192 Vicente Guerrero, Jocotepec. Mechanic is Salvador "Chava" Zambrano. West of the traffic light on Vicente Guerrero/Independencia (southwest corner is a Farmacia MAS), continue west to car wash on the right side of the street & Chava's is immediately before it. Vicente Guerrero is the street going to the crucero at Hwy. 15.

Archived