Chapala.com Webboard

Ultra efficiency pool pump - any experience?

feewee

Has anyone installed a high efficiency or ultra efficiency pool pump ? Or have a lead on anyone who knows how to install one in the Lake Chapala area? I plan to purchase it in Canada - significantly cheaper - but will need a qualified installer once I get it to Mexico. Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

We just bought a Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump from American Best Pool supply (888) 284-6007, highly recommended by a neighbor who had one installed about 6 weeks ago and he and his pool guy installed it. As you said, much cheaper NOB. We are having it brought down next week so haven't had ours hooked up yet. If you still want info after we install it, let me know and I'll reply again.

I have had the Hayward NorthStar 4000 series pumps in operation for over ten years and they perform beautifully. The pump motors seem to be the same but the pump heads are different and that is where the efficency is gained. The larger size piping (2") is also part of moving more water using less KWs. Any competent electrician will be able to wire up the pumps, mine are 230VAC though the smaller pumps allow 115 or 230VAC hook up. There is nothing fancy or funny about the wiring. With the price of electricity here the extra efficency is always worth teh cost.

STI has the excellent EcoPump line available; high efficiency & quiet, without the delicate electronics to worry about.

Best in class 3 year warranty also; and the warranty includes up front replacement, so you are not without a pump.

http://www.ecopoolpumps.com/energy-efficient-pool-pumps.html

Email or PM for info.

Archived