Chapala.com Webboard

International Women's Day : Thanking CEDEJO

Sheila

Today is International Women's Day!!

Today is a special day for me. A year ago, in honor of International Women's Day, I contacted CEDEJO, a women's health clinic serving indigenous women in Ajijic, to find out how I could contribute to their mission. I thought I would only be creating a new website, Facebook & Twitter pages, and an updated pamphlet for the clinic but my volunteer experience has turned in to so much more than I ever expected.

This is no longer just "my" volunteer experience. It has grown in to an entire community pulling together to save a valuable Women's Health Clinic. We have reached 70% of the fundraising campaign's goal and the clinic has remained open for the last 6 months and will remain open through at least May of 2014. I am so inspired by ALL OF YOU. Thank you to everyone who contributed to my fundraising campaign and for all you do to empower girls and women everywhere!

GIVE THANKS to CEDEJO Today

Sylvia Flores and CEDEJO volunteers positively affect the most vulnerable in our community by giving of themselves and their services. They work tirelessly to empower women and girls in our community to be the healthiest people they can be. The results of their work, by extension, improves the health and well- being of the entire community.

Please help me to thank CEDEJO and their volunteers today for all that they do to make the world a better place. Send them a message of thanks, share this campaign page with your friends and consider giving a donation today to support their work.

TO GIVE TO THE CLINIC: Donate on my Fundraising Page : GoFundMe OR Donate on CEDEJO's Website via PayPal OR deliver donations to the clinic (45-A Ocampo, Ajijic) OR deposit directly in to their bank account (see website for details).

Send messages of thanks to CEDEJO via:

Twitter: @CEDEJOAjijic (https://twitter.com/CEDEJOAjijic)

Archived