Chapala.com Webboard

Ajax Expel for floors

Arjay

For years I've been buying Ajax Expel for floors to help repel insects.

This year I haven't been able to find it locally. Anyone know where I can find it, please. I've only seen it in small bottles for surfaces but not for floors.

Thanks.

It's around, but like many products Lakeside...sometimes you find it, sometimes you don't. I've seen it at Walmart, SuperLake, El Torito's, and even once at Sorianna. If you find it buy a couple and keep an eagle eye out whenever you are out shopping.

I buy it all the time at Walmart. Two different sizes available usually.

Carol

Awhile back, they did stop making it because there was something too toxic in it. But it definitely is back on the shelves.

They have lots of it at Walmart today in the household cleaners aisle. Two sizes. It used to be clear green now it is cloudy. Ajax is in large red letters. Expel in smaller blue letters underneath.

I've never seen an Ajax Expel that is for surfaces and not floors. Are you sure you are reading the label correctly?

I've been experimenting with what the Mexicans swear by and that is lavender scented cleaner for the floors. They are not toxic. Bugs hate the odor of lavender. I'm not crazy about the odor either but it works. I had critters sneaking in through the garage doors at night and onto the terrace. If I mop the terrace with any lavender scented cleaner there are no bugs, and that means none get into the house either. Mopping the floors in the house keeps all bugs outside.

Try any lavender scented cleaner. They work better than the Expel, are easy to find, nontoxic and cheaper.

Good to know about lavender; will give it a shot

I've never seen an Ajax Expel that is for surfaces and not floors. Are you sure you are reading the label correctly?

I've been experimenting with what the Mexicans swear by and that is lavender scented cleaner for the floors. They are not toxic. Bugs hate the odor of lavender. I'm not crazy about the odor either but it works. I had critters sneaking in through the garage doors at night and onto the terrace. If I mop the terrace with any lavender scented cleaner there are no bugs, and that means none get into the house either. Mopping the floors in the house keeps all bugs outside.

Try any lavender scented cleaner. They work better than the Expel, are easy to find, nontoxic and cheaper.

I'm pretty sure it's for surfaces and comes in bottles about the size of Fabuloso, although I haven't tried it yet.

Can you recommend a specific floor cleaner with lavender. Also, is Expel for floors only toxic to animals or to humans as well (we don't have pets).

I have been to SuperLake and WalMart numerous times over the last 3 months and haven't found Expel so they must have just got it in stock. It's extraordinary how products disappear for so long. I then assume they've been discontinued and then voila they suddenly appear again.

The regular size bottle of Expel that is about 1 liter is for floors. I've never seen Expel specifically for surfaces.

Any of the lavender scented cleaners seem to keep bugs out and so far the lavender scent has worked far better than the Expel.

I buy the cleaners that are on sale or the cheapest like Brasso. Any of them will do the job. I think the Brasso and Pinot make the floors shine better.

The regular size bottle of Expel that is about 1 liter is for floors. I've never seen Expel specifically for surfaces.

Any of the lavender scented cleaners seem to keep bugs out and so far the lavender scent has worked far better than the Expel.

I buy the cleaners that are on sale or the cheapest like Brasso. Any of them will do the job. I think the Brasso and Pinot make the floors shine better.

I thought Brasso was for cleaning brass. Do you mean Pinol ??

Archived