Chapala.com Webboard

Urgent need for Oxygen Concentrator

I am now tethered to my large oxygen concentrator and housebound. If you have a portable oxygen concentrator, please send me a PM. It would be nice to be able to get out once in a while without going fuzzy in the head.

Thanks.

OxyReyes in Riberas covered my oxygen needs when they were needed. Maybe he is another source and might have a used one available or can get a new one quickly. I have not used in in some time, but assume he is still in business.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Portable oxygen concentrators are prohibitively expensive in Mexico, where they are not common.

I may have to figure out a way to get one in the USA and then have it brought down here. I had hoped that someonw might have one in a closet. OxyReyes is trying to get rich fast, I think. He has portable bottles only; and at very high rentals. We will be in touch with Lidia.

Ordering one from Hong Kong is possible, but the prospect of punitive duty is frightening.

I believe there is a place in GDL that carries them, but the card in the Drs office and I cant find them online. Call me at Dr Sams office tonight and ill give you the info. I am there after 5pm. 765-3692

Shannon

Thanks, Shannon. I have located GDL sources, but you can buy an airline ticket to the USA, and back, for the difference in prices between here and there. Ugh!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Portable oxygen concentrators are prohibitively expensive in Mexico, where they are not common.

I may have to figure out a way to get one in the USA and then have it brought down here. I had hoped that someonw might have one in a closet. OxyReyes is trying to get rich fast, I think. He has portable bottles only; and at very high rentals. We will be in touch with Lidia.

Ordering one from Hong Kong is possible, but the prospect of punitive duty is frightening.

I have an oxygen tank on wheels that is light and belonged to my mother. I'm sure I could sell it to you for a reasonable price. I'm sure someone knows where to get it filled with oxygen.

Let me correct it again, I think there are two tanks and one cart. They are much lighter than most concentrators.

I think it is similar to this one:

oxygentank_zps7e5d08a4.jpg

Remember when comparing price here Mexican price has 15% added in. Did you add sales tax from up north prices before comparing. Just trying to make the pain a little less.

I know; but the price is still far exceeds the price in the USA; as much as by a factor of 10.

Lake Med Center rents portable oxygen concentrators. If none is available I a sure they can sell you one from the distributor in GDL:

Lidia has portable tanks for sale or rent, but no portable concentrators that one can carry.

One can buy them in GDL also, but the same supplier seems to only be willing to obtain and sell the top of the line Respironics unit, which he does not have in stock. Looks good in his ads, though, but the price is astronomical & out of reach if he did have it.

This may seem complicated - but it is not. Telephone Estafeta U.S.A., their office is in Laredo, ask for the lady who handles customs clearance into Mexico. Ask her specifically what you want to import. She will tell you how much, or even if it is allowed. Make sure whe knows that this for personal use - not part of a clinic or hospital. She will give you permission to ship to their office, make sure your name is on the box. She will then clear customs and have Estafeta deliver it to your door, or iShop door for a $2 charge (by iShop). The unfortunate part is that Estafeta will charge you approximately $5 a pound for this service in Mexico.

You will always hear that medical equipment cannot be shipped into Mexico - this is sort of true, and sort of not true. Mexico has their own technical standards and approvals - all imports must meet these standards. A lot of people with good intentions donate used medical equipment to poverty areas, but in the interests of safety, Customs does not allow it.

Archived