Chapala.com Webboard

Pick up INM cards at Lake Chapala Society

Joco

Has anyone else gotten a message to pick your INM card up at Lake Chapala Society tomorrow at 4:30? The English Google translation:

"I hereby inform you that your green card is ready, we would very much that he could attend this Wednesday March 5 event that will take at 4:30 pm, which will deliver cards the presence of various Federal authorities in the State and Municipal facilities located in LAKE SOCIETY Chapala Street September 16 I number 16 A in Ajijic Jalisco.
It is important to have your presence we confirm hereby or at our office in Chapala, to contemplate delivery, bringing the immigration document, you should arrive 30 minutes prior to the event to sign documents, I am at your service"
The original Spanish:
"Por este conducto le informo que su tarjeta de residente se encuentra lista, nos complacería mucho que pudiera asistir este próximo miércoles 5 de marzo al evento que se llevara a las 4:30 de la tarde, en el que entregaremos tarjetas, con la presencia de diversas autoridades Federales, del Estado y Municipales en las instalaciones de LAKE CHAPALA SOCIETY ubicadas en la calle 16 de septiembre número 16 A en Ajijic Jalisco.

Es importante que de contar con su presencia nos confirmara por este medio o en nuestras oficinas en Chapala, para contemplar su entrega, llevando el documento migratorio, es recomendable llegar 30 minutos antes de iniciar el evento para la firma de documentos, quedo a sus órdenes"

My husband and I were fingerinted mid January and they told us to check on Friday in three weeks only in the Chapala office as they won't notify when they are ready. We waited five weeks instead, as we live in Jocotepec and didn't want to drive to Chapala at three weeks only find they were not ready. They were there for pick up when went at five weeks. Have you checked in person at the Chapala office?

I didn't get the email and am still waiting -plus 4 months - and was fingerprinted 2/28 ish.... how long have you all been waiting?

This is going into the 4th week after fingerprinting. I didn't go last Friday to check so I don't know if it was there but it is ready now so that it 3 1/2 weeks.

I didn't get the email and am still waiting -plus 4 months - and was fingerprinted 2/28 ish.... how long have you all been waiting?

I applied last August. I have had FM3s for 7 years and last year I had my first year on an FM2 so I had to show financials etc (which is not a problem). I have not yet been fingerprinted. I am not the only one in this situation. Apparently there were quite a few of us caught in some sort of time warp where the old staff in Chapala was replaced by new staff who took a while to get used to the place (or something). So - it's been 7 months since I applied!!

I applied last August. I have had FM3s for 7 years and last year I had my first year on an FM2 so I had to show financials etc (which is not a problem). I have not yet been fingerprinted. I am not the only one in this situation. Apparently there were quite a few of us caught in some sort of time warp where the old staff in Chapala was replaced by new staff who took a while to get used to the place (or something). So - it's been 7 months since I applied!!

Our neighbors are in the same situation. They have already had to apply for one travel letter, and will probably need another. Sounds like there is some sort of black hole somewhere in INM. If indeed there are INM officials there tomorrow, I will try to bring it up with them.

Pete

Got the message too! Applied 22/1, fingerprinted last week, card ready this week? Wow! This is a miracle!

Pete

peteben did you use a facilitator or apply on your own? Your experience is certainly radically different (as in MUCH shorter) than most people I've heard from on this forum. Do tell? ;-)

My wife picked up her card yesterday. Took right at 4 months. She had Spencer's office prepare the paperwork then she walked it through.

Only good for a year, though. We get to do this again next year. Whoopee!

Many posters who got a Residente Temporal in 2012 and are first timers got the option of getting 1, 2 or 3 year Residente Temporal when their 1 year RT expired. I got a 2 year RT but applied in Nov. 2012 and am a first timer.

I did it mostly myself, although I used Spencer's office for the initial paperwork, as my Spanish isn't good enough to write the request letter. Apart from that, the paperwork is pretty simple. We were also very fortunate in dealing only with Fabiola the past 4 years, first in Guad, now here. We were always nice with her, and she with us. We also made sure we always had the proper paperwork. About one month after our initial application for permanente, we went in to inquire if anything was wrong. At first she said it was normal, it might take another 4 weeks. But then she said she would look into it. Then two days later, we got the message to go in for fingerprints. One week after that, we got our cards!

So she got a big hug from both of us at the ceremony!

Pete

Archived