Chapala.com Webboard

Extremely Loud Music

Wookie

I don't usually complain about the loud music at the Eventos location near our home in West Ajijic. However, tonight is about to take the cake. They are playing this very vulgar music so loud you can hear it clearly inside the house with all the double pane windows and doors shut. The last song the very clear words of Fxxkxxg Bxxch, Bxxch, Bxxch etc, etc, etc were being blasted in English. We just hope that this is going to be over by midnight. This particular Event started out with beautiful Mexican music and we really enjoyed listening to it ... then it got to be just a beat so we shut up and watched a movie. Now it is time for bed and it is just extremely loud, extremely fast beat with these kinds of words being blasted out for everyone to have to hear. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

luke i sympathize w/you. what section do you live? unfortunately that is what you get @ eventos, living in a commerical place. i dont think there is much you can do. only your mex neighbors can complain. (about the volume, not the lyrics).

Why didn't you go speak to them and then call the police if there was no response? Yes there are federal laws re volume. Plus, this a very religious country and vulgar music might be preventable. Spencer?

If you want to quantify or measure how loud the noise is and if you have a smart phone, check your "app" store and see if they offer dB meter apps.

Apparently there are new rules/laws about allowed noise based on dBs and the time of day and/or night. Although I am not bothered by loud noises where I live in upper Ajijic, I downloaded a free "app" for my iPhone and can measure how loud the noises are.

Guest bennie2

if it is a religious community they would not have men dancing in underwear, they would not have a sex store. i dissagree with harry. if you speak to noisy people you will make trouble, that is another no no. if you call police it is foolish to tell them who you are. best to just give the address of the evento. the police can also be friends with those folks. this is my opinion. if you do not like it, move to another location.

Sorry, as I said I was venting. I have no intention of going out at near midnight to complain to a whole Eventos of people about their loud music. I certainly have no intention of moving because of it ... if it were an ongoing problem like some I have read about on this webboard, then I might consider moving to a different location. We had no idea that there was an Eventos place near us when we moved here as we were told this was a quiet location far enough from town to get very little of the noise. This, of course, only helped the sellers and the realtor to cinch the sell. That being said, I like where I live and I love this part of Mexico. Sorry if I gave the impression that I didn't know my choices of how to handle it if I so desired.

The people who hold these eventos are mostly showing off their power. They are showing off, they can do anything they want, and power is more impressive than just money.

Next time buy some nice noise cancelling headphones and imagine those clowns are dancing to the old Benny Hill theme song. Here -this will help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVaU9X0rOs#t=28

I have postponed my return to Chapala specifically to avoid Carnaval. In Chapala the noise from Park Christiana is unbearable and can be heard through out the entire community. You have to do some research and find out what communities are designated as Carnaval cities and then don.t go there.

Guest bennie2

luke, if it this is not a regular thing then its not so bad. when you move someplace best to visit the location alone several different times. that's not always a garentee, but it helps. sorry your agent wasnt clear w/you. i was lucky as i had a good one, & he avoided certain listings. more of this area is becoming a party place, anything goes.

Unfortunately, this is what they do around here before Lent, they've been doing it forever and as this area gets more popular with the Tapatios, they'll probably do it more. At least it quiets down big time after Fat Tuesday.

I'll tell ya they are partying hardy at the Plaza and the waterfront today. Hundreds of smiling faces and happy kids.

Worth the price of admission. You sure don't see this much happiness NOB these days.

In an hour, I'm going over to watch the youth soccer club that Inside Lakeside is helping in a very substantial way. They are at the top of the league apparently. 4PM at the lower main field next to Revolucion and Constitucion.

Come on out!

luke, if it this is not a regular thing then its not so bad. when you move someplace best to visit the location alone several different times. that's not always a garentee, but it helps. sorry your agent wasnt clear w/you. i was lucky as i had a good one, & he avoided certain listings. more of this area is becoming a party place, anything goes.

Agreed. More and more of the house re-sales are going to Tapatios rather than to NOB buyers. The Tapatios come here on weekends/holidays to party. No point in complaining; it is their country, their traditions and culture. But I understand Luke letting off some steam over excessive noise. 90% of the time I can ignore it, though I do leave Ajijic during St. Andres.

Guest bennie2

the kind of people from guad who are coming in are not the same as 20plus yrs ago. i know mexicans who stay in all weekend. OR have their houses up for sale. places change.

The best three hundred bucks I ever spent was for my Bose Q15 noise cancelling headphones. Apart from being great on planes, they can just make the nastiest fiesta racket nearby simply disappear. Truly amazing technology. Probably they have added years to my life from stress reduction!

Guest bennie2

quiet tanquil mex village is not the greatest selling point. that was over years ago. i would re package to vibrant exciting streetlife in action.

quiet tanquil mex village is not the greatest selling point. that was over years ago. i would re package to vibrant exciting streetlife in action.

Brilliant! Best post I've seen in a long time.

I second the Bose Q15 headphones. They are expensive, but they can totally change the quality of your life on those days when the music is too loud. I was in tears over some of the loud noise we had near our homes for a while. A cousin brought the headphones down for me and I could not believe how effective they are. I take them on all my flights now, as well. Cheaper than moving.

I have postponed my return to Chapala specifically to avoid Carnaval. In Chapala the noise from Park Christiana is unbearable and can be heard through out the entire community. You have to do some research and find out what communities are designated as Carnaval cities and then don.t go there.

Good news! It was very noisy in years past, but now it seems obvious that they are enforcing the noise ordinance. We can now sleep comfortably; only faintly hearing the music from one long block away. What a pleasant change!

to BWhite who posted this -- Agreed. More and more of the house re-sales are going to Tapatios rather than to NOB buyers. The Tapatios come here on weekends/holidays to party. No point in complaining; it is their country, their traditions and culture. But I understand Luke letting off some steam over excessive noise. 90% of the time I can ignore it, though I do leave Ajijic during St. Andres.

I am so tired of hearing that "this is their country and we can't do anything about it" that I could just scream. We do have our rights here. Case in point - I live in Lower Chula Vista and we were having young Tapatios in at least one weekend a month in the house two blocks away who would party from Friday night all the way through to Sunday evening, nonstop. When I talked with the neighbors here they all shared that they were afraid to call the police because they were afraid of repercussions.

I went to the police station in Chapala and talked with the desk sergeant who shared with me that it was, indeed, against the law and that it should be reported. He also shared that there would be no repercussions as the police were not to share any information with the noisemakers about where the complaint came from.

The next time it happened, about midnight I called the police. They were out in about 20 minutes and shut them down. When I called the person who answered the phone could hear the music plain as if he were sitting in my home, it was so loud. The police shut them down several more times with Christmas being the last time...and we haven't have a problem since.

So...there is definitely something you can do about it. There is a noise ordinance and no one, not even expats, has to put up with it. The nice Mexican people who live here appreciate what our US and Canadian cultures bring to this area and are only happy to keep us here. Enough said.

Good news! It was very noisy in years past, but now it seems obvious that they are enforcing the noise ordinance. We can now sleep comfortably; only faintly hearing the music from one long block away. What a pleasant change!

Who exactly is doing the enforcing?

Archived