Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex - only one day's grace

Arjay

You betcha. We came back from vacation the date it was due, didn't remember that and the next day got that "estimado cliente" message and no service after their office hours: this after paying on time for 7 years. Went in to pay by the machine on Saturday when the office was closed, but the "24/7/365" pay machine wasn't working. On Monday, the clerk said "oh, that machine never works".

Bah, humbug and a raspberry to Telmex. Like giving a warning and a few days grace would break Carlos Slims' bank account??

It's hard for me to get over to the main office, so I usually just pay at Oxxo. It's like 7 or 9 pesos, but it would cost me more to take the bus to the Ajijic office.

On a side note of paying things late, last year my mom went to CFE to pay her bill. She was 3 pesos short in change but all the locals behind her assured her that they would just put that 3 pesos onto the next bill. Not so. 15 days later, the last night my sister was in town visiting, they cut the power conveniently right after their office closed. I called them and they said they could turn it on the next day, for $80 pesos. So watch not paying CFE the right amount or on time, too.

get the bill set up for automatic deduction form your bank account

we did that last year, took three months to finally work.

I did that with CFE and my electric bills quadrupled... some as high as $13,000 pesos for each 2-month period and never noticed it for over a year... on a 3-BR house with no pool, fountain or anything.

My fault for not checking my bank statements.

Archived