Chapala.com Webboard

lots of sirens going west out of Ajijic

jrm30655

Must have been an emergency. Maybe you guys should get a scanner ;)

okay - I will bite. How will they know what to scan? Do you guys have one radio frequency that you use. If so, then I do think you are suggesting that they not only get a scanner - but have it monitored 24 hours by a bilingual person:) And of course, no one is going to offer to pay the salary of the bi lingual person, so time for a few dinner dances to raise funds.

;)

One of the many things I miss about not living in Mexico anymore was waking in the middle of the night to a siren in the east end. A dog would bark to the siren and as the siren moved west towards SJC other dogs would pick up the howl. It was so comical you find yourself laughing out loud.

You know it is funny, but when visiting my sister in a suburb of Austin, Texas recently we experienced the same thing :) Loud music from a house behind her, barking dogs (2 big ones) next door and sirens screaming down a street somewhere near. It made me want to immediately get in the car and come home. I don't know why, exactly, but when these things are happening here at home it is just much more pleasant :blink:

Archived